Review of Qatar Airways flight Frankfurt-am-Main Doha in Economy

Seat 20J
Aircraft Airbus A350-900
Take-off 14 May 15, 15:40
Arrival at 14 May 15, 22:40
QR   #8 sur 105 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 322 review
PhilippA350
Published on 20th May 2015
Hello guys and welcome to my Qatar Airways Airbus A350-941 XWB experience! :)

Here is my YouTube-Video of my experience:

Today I'm going to fly from Frankfurt to Dubai, via Doha.
After arriving at the boarding-gate, I got this view to my operating aircraft today, an A350! It's gonna be A7-ALC, which was delivered excactly one week ago. It will be just it's 12th passenger-service today.

A beautiful aircraft in my opinion, as I'm a very big fan of the black eye-liner.

photo DSC_0052

Nice sunlight and perfect weather conditions for a beautiful Qatar Airways flight to Doha's brandnew Hamad International Airport, which was opened around a year ago.

photo DSC_0059

After boarding, I was soo excited to finally see the new A350-cabin in real-life. Just look at these mood-lighting-effects!

photo DSC_0099

Boarding was just on time, pushback as well and we took off for a nice flight to Doha. Here is a picture of the nice wingview, taken from seat number 20J.

photo DSC_0108

Shortly after take-off, the crew brought some nice sticks.

photo DSC_0112

And now the Inflight-Entertainment-System (IFE). The touchscreen comes very close to an iPad-touchscreen! A big like!

photo DSC_0113

About an hour later, the real meal has been given to us. You could choose between three different meals, I took the chicken-option, as always ;)

photo DSC_0119

It got darker and darker and at 22:40, I finally arrived at Hamad International Airport, just right beside of a Qatar Airways A380. What a nice view!

photo DSC_0132

This is how the mid-economy-section looked like during deboarding.

photo DSC_0143

And here two images of the brandnew Hamad International Airport, which is (in my opinion) one of the best airports I've ever seen.

photo DSC_0149photo DSC_0150

Thanks a lot for reading!

I hope you've enjoyed my short trip-report of my first Airbus A350 flight from Frankfurt to Doha :)

Kind Regards,
Philipp

Verdict

Qatar Airways

9.3/10
Entertainment10.0
meal/catering10.0

Frankfurt-am-Main - FRA

6.8/10

Doha - DOH

9.8/10

Conclusion

All in all a perfect flight-experience with Qatar Airways.
The combination of the A350 and a five-star-airline like Qatar Airways is just brilliant :)

socalnow 348 Comments

What a great report ont he A350 experience! Thank you for sharing.

- I whole-heartedly agree. A stunning machine. I hope to be a passenger on one some day.

-Really sharp looking as well. Those IFE screens are huge.

-The wingtip feature on the A350 is quite fetching.

Thank you again for the report.

lagentsecret 8685 Comments

Thanks for sharing your first FR and welcome aboard

I like the A350 too : beautiful aircraft

Is it noisy inside during take off and airborne ?

You could choose between three different meals
    A menu was handed ? What were the two other choices ?

which is (in my opinion) one of the best airports I've ever seen.
    If your benchmark is FRA I could understand ;)

See you soon for another report

PhilippA350 AUTHOR 2 Comments

Thanks!

It is quite quiet during take-off and landing. The only loud effects are the flaps and the gear, but these sounds are very airbus-like, that's why I like them ;)

As I said, one option was the chicken menu, the other was a vegetarian meal but I don't remember the third one.

I have seen some international airports around the globe already and DOH was really good. Of course, FRA hasn't got a chance ;)

Philipp

NGO85 1561 Comments

Thanks for sharing this report aboard the A350 and welcome to the site!

The A350 does look really good, I like it's appearance better than the B787. One thing I don't like about the A350 is how it is not switched to a 3-3-3 seating configuration. The cabin width is only marginally larger than an A340, but they add an extra seat. I think the B787 is even narrower than the A350, so the 9-abreast is worse on it.

Seat and IFE are identical to QR's B787s? The catering looks good, but I find the size of the main to be only average when compared to the size of the cup or the water.

fernousdu972 1114 Comments

Thanks for sharing this very interesting report,

The meal is looking very attractive.
    The PTVs are so huge! They really seem to have a great resolution.
    The 9-abreast configuration give a very welcome impression of space.

I'm going to stake this aircraft in 4 months. It's an absolute beauty, I can't wait!

KévinDC TEAM 3888 Comments

A great first report! Very nice pictures and video!

The QR A350 is beautiful on the outside and inside! Though the black eyeliner makes it look a bit like a racoon :-P

The cabin looks really nice and the moodlighting is pretty. The IFE is HUGE and the seats look really comfortable. The 3-3-3 configuration on the A350 is perfect. Certainly more comfortable than a 3-3-3 configuration on the narrower 787.

The meal looks good as well. QR has a very good Economy product that is enhanced even more with the A350.

Welcome to Flight-Report!

KevinDC - Community Manager

Chibcha 409 Comments

I agree with KévinDC it does look like a racoon!

The plane looks great, the wings look weird for me though.

I hope I mange to fly on one of them soon.

Thanks for sharing!