FLIGHT VN240
CLASS OF SERVICE Business
SEAT NUMBER 3A
AIRCRAFT Airbus A350-900
TAKEOFF 15-07-16 12:40 p.m.
LANDING AT 2:20 p.m.
Travip
The 21st July 2015

Photo review of Vietnam Airlines flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi in Business

***VIDEO FLIGHT REPORT IS BELOW

I started my flight at noon. As I checked in online and printed out the boarding pass, I didn't have to go to check-in counter. I just showed my print boarding pass at the security gate and went straight to the business lounge. At the lounge, the staff let me in automatically without invitation card. Actually I didn't have to print my boarding pass. Tablet or smartphone is enough. This is not new to the world but quite new to Vietnam Airlines.

photo a350-09

I was dedicated to the Lotus Lounge of Vietnam Airlines inside domestic terminal but this lounge is usually crowded. I went to the lounge beside which is a serviced lounge for Priority Pass members, VietJet Air Skyboss (business class) passengers, Mobifone Gold Card customers. I have Mobifone Gold Card so I decided to go to this lounge. It's much quieter. The lounge food was good also.

photo a350-01

photo a350-02

photo a350-03

photo a350-04

The flight was on time. Business class passengers, Platinum, Gold, Titan members was boarding through a priority lane (Sky Priority of Skyteam). And I saw my ride. The first time I saw the Airbus A350 was the moment I felt something strange. It's new, beautiful and shiny.

photo a350-05

photo a350-06

photo a350-07

photo a350-08

Vietnam Airlines' Airbus A350 has 29 business class seats with 1-2-1 config. I chose the window seat. I love the new design of these business class seats. It would be great for long-haul flights. Vietnam Airlines will operate A350 and Boeing 787 on Europe and Notheast Asia routes. For domestic flights, Vietnam Airlines doesn't offer entertainment service. Inflight wifi hasn't been available yet. The seat is equipped with big screen, USB charging. Vietnam Airlines' new plane also has 45 deluxe economy seats and 231 economy seats.

photo a350-10

photo a350-11

photo a350-12

photo a350-13

photo a350-14

photo a350-15

photo a350-16

photo a350-23

While other passengers were boarding, newspapers, magazines, cold towel and welcome drink were served for business class passengers. You can see the new uniform of Vietnam Airlines cabin crew.

photo a350-17

photo a350-27

photo a350-30

I love the cabin atmosphere. When the plan took off, there was less noise and the cabin pressure didn't make me uncomfortable.

photo a350-18

photo a350-19

photo a350-20

photo a350-22

photo a350-25

photo a350-26

photo a350-28

photo a350-29

The new window was nice too. It was clear to take a look at everything outside.

photo a350-31

photo a350-32

How beautiful is the wing ^^

photo a350-33

Onboard wifi is not available yet

photo a350-34

20 minutes after taking off, lunch was served. It was a full meal for 1:40 hrs domestic flight and it was good enough.

photo a350-35

photo a350-36

The toilet:

photo a350-37

After lunch, I tried the flat-bed seat. Beautiful!

photo a350-21

Landing in Noi Bai:

photo a350-41

photo a350-42

photo a350-43

Here is the video report for this flight:

Verdict

Vietnam Airlines

TOTAL 9.0/10

Southern Airports Services Company (SASCO) Apricot CIP Lounge

Comfort 8.0
TOTAL 8.0/10

Ho Chi Minh City - SGN

TOTAL 8.5/10

Hanoi - HAN

TOTAL 6.2/10

Conclusion

Vietnam Airlines has commenced its first Airbus A350 XWB recently in part of its ambitious plan in renewing the wide-body fleet with all Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Vietnam Airlines is also the first airline to operate both Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 at the same time in Asia-Pacific. For long time, I planed to take a flight in this new aircraft. The experience was amazing. The A350's cabin atmosphere is nice, less noise. The new business class in this aircraft is great also with flat-bed seat.