FLIGHT QR1303
CLASS OF SERVICE Business
SEAT NUMBER 3A
AIRCRAFT Boeing 787-8
TAKEOFF 15-11-05 1:30 p.m.
LANDING AT 6:45 p.m.
giancarlo330
The 9th November 2015

Photo review of Qatar Airways flight from Cairo to Doha in Business

Welcome aboard Dear Readers to my new QR Business Class report from Cairo to Doha.

As a previous to my First Class sector from Doha to Bangkok on the A-380 with Qatar you have to be equally excited when you fly Business on the 787 :)

Now I won't be as detailed in words but more detailed in pictures in this flight report.

Cairo Airport can be challenging… I will just say that.

The lounge was very poor, no food offer at all other than old croissants and non alcoholic Pepsi products.

Boarding was done by buses as Terminal 1 doesn't have jetbridges. Today's bird was the beautiful 787.

photo IMG_6507

Welcome drink Rose bubbles

photo IMG_6492

Taxi to the active runway

photo IMG_6493

Take off just in time and service started for this short hop of 2:35 mins…now you will be amazed this flight has a full traditional lunch service compared to some other carriers that offer chips or a sandwich with a cookie for such a flight duration…

Menu for today…Enjoy!

photo IMG_6494
photo IMG_6495
photo IMG_6497
photo IMG_6498
photo IMG_6499

As you can see the offer was fantastic, wines are superior that most Business Class offers around the globe…my compliments once again to Qatar Airways catering department.

My selection for lunch…all was delicious

photo IMG_6500
photo IMG_6501
photo IMG_6503
photo IMG_6504
photo IMG_6502

Fantastic end… a cup of green tea and one of my favorite red wines Don Maximiano Errazuriz

photo IMG_6505

Descent to Doha

photo IMG_6508

Verdict

Qatar Airways

TOTAL 9.4/10

Independent Terminal 1 Lounges

Comfort 0.0
TOTAL None/10

Cairo - CAI

TOTAL 1.8/10

Doha - DOH

TOTAL 9.8/10

Conclusion

This short flight was simply outstanding. When you compare the offer on similar flight time routes by other carriers then there is not much space to think right? QR offers a fantastic product that delivers generous meals, wines and premium desserts provided by LaDuree.

Is there any way to compete? I don't think so, when I have a choice I wouldn't take any other airline in Business Class...I hope many of you my fellow frequent travelers can agree with me.

My only complain is that IFE selection can be more ''western'' friendly as much of the selection is from Bollywood and a lot of arabic cinema which is great for some people but not for all, there was a lack of western cinema selection. On the other hand, TV series selection was adequate.

Thanks for reading!