FLIGHT EK764
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 19D
AIRCRAFT Boeing 777-300ER
TAKEOFF 16-01-04 7:05 p.m.
LANDING AT 5:05 a.m.
MrMax
The 16th March 2016

Photo review of Emirates flight from Johannesburg to Dubai in Economy

Welcome to the sixth FR in this trip

BACKGROUND INFO
This december I visted South Africa to visit my familly there (I'm half South African). My trip has finally concluded, and after having a wonderful time with my family, I will be heading back to SFO. My routing will take me via J'burg and DXB. My previous flight on SA was cancelled. The staff at CPT handeled the situation terribly. By some miricle we were able to get a flight that somehow got us to JNB just in time (by the skin of our teeth) to JNB.

My routing for this whole trip:

EK226 SFO-DXB in Y http://flight-report.com/en/report-12750.html
EK767 DXB-JNB in Y http://flight-report.com/en/report-13149.html
SA1521 JNB-GRJ in Y http://flight-report.com/en/report-13203.html
FA121 GRJ-CPT in Y http://flight-report.com/en/report-13026.html
SA332 CPT-JNB in Y CANCELLED
EK764 JNB-DXB in Y THIS REPORT
EK225 DXB-SFO in Y
COMING SOON

A map of my routing via DXB to SFO from gcmap.com:

photo Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 5.44.50 PM

FLIGHT REPORT

Unfortunatly, I was too rushed at JNB to make my flight that I didn't take pictures. We were 5 mins late for check in, but they let us go by some miricle. We barely made it to the plane in time. We unfortunatly, did miss the oshibori :( But we did get the menus :) . There was a slight delay, but otherwise we took off on time.

Blankets were good quality:

photo IMG_4257_2

The headphones were of the same mediocore quality as on EK767. They were OK, but the headphones on the longer flights are mutch better.

photo IMG_4258

We were on a new plane with the AMAZING new IFE software:

photo IMG_4255

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The cabin was sooooooooooo spacious:

photo IMG_4252_2

Look at that beautiful legroom!!!!!! Is this J class???!!

photo IMG_4256_2

And one more time………… that IFE!

photo IMG_4255_2

Writing this FR makes me nostalgic about my flights with EK……. I still have the boarding music playing in my head

Shortly after takeoff, drinks are served…. mango juice for me

photo IMG_4263

I looooooove EKs mango juice! I can't find any mango juice in the US :(

This was followed by the meal.

But first…….

The menu:

photo IMG_4259

I chose the beef:

photo IMG_4261_2

My entrèe unveiled:

photo IMG_4262

The potato salad appetizer was terrible (I'm not a fan of potato saled anyways). But the chicken appetizer was very good, and was nice and juicy, well cooked.

The beef was OK. I found it acceptable but not special. The mashed potatoes were pretty good, and the veggoes were fine.

However, the tirmasu desert was really good! Creamy, but still chocolaty in the chocolate layer.

A CHML that I saw:

photo IMG_4260_2

There was a malfunction in my IFE but FA fixed it.

More mango juice…..
photo IMG_4263_2

About 3/4 of the way there I requested another mango juice from the FA. She informs me that they have run out. I apologize and tell her it's my fault. :)

Almost there….

photo IMG_4265

Shortly before landing a sandwhich with blondie is served:

photo IMG_4264

The sandwich looks discussing, so I don't eat it. The blondie is OK. I would have prefered the pizzas that they serve mid flight for a"lite bite" on the longer flights as the "lite bite" for this flight.

Position at "Lite Bite" service
photo IMG_4265_2

We later arrived on time, it was till dark in DXB. We parked a the new remote stands, and had to take a bus to the terminal. The loading of buses was very efficient with a dedicated bus for pax with tight connections. Mutch more efficient than in SA. However the bus ride was quite long.

Summery

Overall a great flight with EK. As usal the crew, hard product, etc, all ecceded expectations. EK skimped on the food a little, but this can be easilly improved. This flight was certainly a testament to the incredible product that EK offers.
Keep up the good work EK!

Verdict

Emirates

TOTAL 8.9/10

Johannesburg - JNB

TOTAL 3.5/10

Dubai - DXB

TOTAL 8.4/10

Conclusion

Keep up the good work EK!