FLIGHT KL705
CLASS OF SERVICE Premium Eco
SEAT NUMBER 10K
AIRCRAFT Boeing 787-9
TAKEOFF 16-05-12 10:40 a.m.
LANDING AT 5:40 p.m.
KLM777300ER
The 8th June 2016

Photo review of KLM flight from Amsterdam to Rio De Janeiro in Premium Eco

Welcome to one of my most exciting trips - flying the brand new KLM Dreamliner from Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro. Flight was operated by a two month old 787-9, PH-BHE named 'Dhalia'. Video of the taxi, takeoff, landing and during a little turbulence…

Here she is parked up at the gate waiting on us to board. Taken through the annoying blinds at Schiphol :)

That new airplane smell … seat 10K Economy Comfort which cost £35 with my elite plus discount. I did ask the purser in economy if I could look in the cockpit before takeoff however he rudely dismissed me (not often I have had this from KLM crews).

We pushed back on time and made the long journey towards to Polderbaan. Captain made a welcome announcement and reminded us there was an extra pilot on board today and there would always be two on duty in the flightdeck at all times.

Takeoff from 36L out over the dutch coast:

After takeoff wine and cashews as we cross over the UK. Good legroom.

London below:

Tasty lunch. I always enjoy the KLM meals. Justin was the cabin crew member working our area, what a helpful, friendly guy. Always keeping me topped up with extra wine and snacks.

Cabin views during the flight:

Unfortunately, the wifi wouldn't work during the flight and no one could get signed in. A little annoying since the aircraft was brand new but perhaps some teething problems as not many of the KLM a/c have internet access.

Crossing the ITCZ which gave us a few bumps and some nice 787 wingflex - see the video

Approaching dry land at FL370…

Second meal before descending for Rio

Some pictures as we descend into the sunset and approach GIG airport after a total flying time of 10hr 55mins…

Thanks to Justin, the WBC purser and the flight crew for letting me access and photograph the flightdeck of Hotel Echo after landing in Rio. Hope you enjoyed reading.

Verdict

KLM

TOTAL 9.3/10