FLIGHT CX347
rays
The 25th July 2016

Photo review of Cathay Pacific flight from Beijing to Hong Kong in Business

Hi, flight report community,
This will be my second flight report.

I was travelling to BKK on that day and this report features the first part of the trip on CX347 from PEK to BKK.

Normally CX347 will departs at 1000 however due to mainland china air traffic control, the actual departing time would normally be around 1100 or sometimes even worse.
The previous night before the departure, I received an Email from CX saying that the flight will be delayed to 1120 due to air traffic control, so I was afraid I am going to miss my connection flight, as the connection time for me was only 1hr 50 mins, with 1 hr 20mins delay, my connection time was only 30 minutes.

Next day when I arrived at the airport, I went to row C for check in.
The line for Y was VERY VERY VERY long as there are 3 tourist groups in the queue, I've never seen such a long queue for CX even for Y class.

Oddly I could not locate the business class line, normally CX would have 4 different entrance at check in for F/J MPC, online check-in bag drop, PEY and Y, however today there is only 1 entrance for Y. I proceed to a ground staff and she leads me to the business class counter, it turns out that CX moves the J counter inside. Previously it was the first 3 counters at row C but now it was the last 2 counters.

Check in was done and BP was issued. I did not check any bag as the connection time would be tight.

Then I went to the KA and CX lounge for breakfast.

photo ff1

I went to the boarding gate 10 minutes before the boarding time.
photo ff5
Our bird today. B-LAI

Boarding started at around 1050

photo ff4
My seat 20A

The door was closed, however, captain came on the radio and said to us that the ground would not let us push back, every time he asked if he can push back, they would say 'another 5 minutes'
AND FINALLY at 12:00PM, we pushed back, and the captain came on the radio again and told us that it seems the traffic control would only let 1 aircraft to land or take off every 5 to 10 minutes, so we have to wait for another long time to take off.

photo ff3
Waiting, it started to rain now.

Finally we took off at 1PM

photo ff6
Oriental Breeze

It is now 2PM when they serve the meal, so breakfast at 2
photo ff7

It tasted okay, though I really don't want to eat breakfast at 2.

photo ff8
For the rest of the flight I reclined the seat and took a rest. The seat was really comfortable.

We arrived at HKG at around 4PM, so I definitely missed my connection, I was issued another BP after I got off the plane.

Verdict

Cathay Pacific

TOTAL 8.4/10

Beijing - PEK

TOTAL 6.0/10

Hong Kong - HKG

TOTAL 9.0/10

Conclusion

Overall, the experience was good but the delay was really annoying. The seat was very comfortable, and the crews were friendly.