Review of Etihad Airways flight Paris Abu Dhabi in Economy

Flight EY38
Aircraft Airbus A340-600
Take-off 15 Aug 16, 22:00
Arrival at 16 Aug 16, 07:05
EY   #6 sur 105 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 174 review
eliasbelrhiti
Published on 27th August 2016
Hello everyone

Welcome to a new flight report: from Paris to Abu Dhabi, In this flight I was also was expecting to fly a Boeing 777-300ER and I booked a very good seat, but 2 month before the flight Etihad told me that the aircraft changed to an Airbus A340-600, unfortunately, the window view wasn't as good as I wanted. I will also be including a french version of this Flight Report, you can find it in this link below:http://flight-report.com/en/report/18255/Etihad-Airways-EY38-Paris-CDG-Abu-Dhabi-AUH

PRE-DEPARTURE PRCOESS

The Taxi picks me up at 5:30PM (quite early for a flight at 10:00PM) but I wanted to enjoy as much as possible the duty free since I have access to 2 terminals and going around spotting some birds. We arrive at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport at 6:20PM and we find the Emirates Check-in Counters 12 very crowded, we go the Etihad Check-in counters and find the economy counters tail not very corwded comparing to the Emirates one.
Checking-in Terminal 2C Counters 14 at 6:30PM:

I had quite a lot of time to kill before boarding, I decided to go around Terminal 2A and Terminal 2C, to check-out their duty free and spot some planes:

After all of that plane spotting, it is now time to see our plane:

Our gate was A50/A51 just next to the building linking Terminal 2A and 2C

Boarding time:

Safety video starts up at push-back:

We take-off Paris CDG Airport at 10:21PM

Take-off video

The menu:

Before the dinner services comes, Etihad Airways served us wipes

My meal comes up first, I've requested a special meal : Glulten Free Meal

Etihad Airways Economy Class Headphones, shame that they're the old ones ;(

Etihad Airways Economy Class Amenity Kit (only for an overnight flight)

Since the seat next to me was empty, I could entertain myself with 2 IFEs :P

Watching some comedy shows like Brooklyn nine-nine, etc. while keeping track of where are we with maps

photo img_0515photo img_0514

Dawn above Iran

Took a little nap throughout the sunrise, I woke up while descending to Abu Dhabi

Landed safely 26 minutes early (6:39AM):

The Landing video

What a line of Etihad Airways birds over there

We are leaving our aircraft (A6-EHH).

photo img_0519photo img_0499

Mini Movie (Flight Report)

ARRIVAL PRCESS IN THE AIRPORT

After doing the long walk in the hallway, we find the passport control crowded with people coming from the world, fortunnately, I can use my passport with the E-gate service to avoid the crowd. After security pass we got the luggage area we find luggages coming from everywhere in the world even in our belt, my luggage got delivered a little bit later that I thought, after that we go to the arrivals halls and get an Airport Taxi around 7:30AM.

Thank you for reading and See you in the next flight report