FLIGHT LX2807
pipolopo
The 26th September 2016

Photo review of SWISS flight from Geneva to Zurich in Business

Hallo everyone,

I thought you might be interested in a little Trip Report about my flight on the brand new Swiss 777 Flagship HB-JNA. Here it is! Going on a Business Trip to LUG from GVA, I flew via ZRH. I could test the new Boeing on the first leg. The 777 entered commercial service the day before, Feb 8th, so it was its second day of service.

I arrived early at the airport, in order to be able to enjoy the Business Lounge. I had a quick breakfast there before heading to the gate.
photo raxTEwt
photo eKfVWqQ

As GVA is currently undergoing construction work for a new long-haul Terminal, the C-Gates are mostly unavailable and a bus is used to bring us to the plane. Usually not really a pleasure, but this time, it was quite cool. You could measure the real size of the beast by standing next to it. The bus was divided into 2 classes, which was really akward, as the Y-Class Pax were cramped in most of the bus while C-Class had a lot of space.
photo UR7EogW

As we arrived to the plane, we could see the massive size of that plane. Usually flying CRJs dans Dash8s, maybe an A320 for my business trips, it was weird to see such a big one
photo 3RTgtyN
photo Oft2cTA
photo 1ZJbwnD

First impression when boarding the plane: the smell. Like a car when it's brand new out of the garage, the nice smell of immaculate seats and fuselage. A nice emotion. And a warm welcome by the crew.
photo VGc6K6F

As I said before, I'm not flying Intercontinental a lot, except on the holidays. And having 2 small kids, I don't travel that far, so my last wide-body jet was almost 5 years ago. I'm not used to this size anymore, but boy is it enjoyable:
photo 8YPMfZp
photo mg8Ytmm
photo BGzm3Dc

I took my seat, 15K, the so-called "throne" seat, as it is boarded by 2 big tables and you sit there with full privacy and 2 windows to yourself. The seat itself is very comfy, the legroom is nice, and the IFE-Screen is really big and enjoyable. The equipment in the seat and the stow is very nice, there's lots of room.
photo ezv1OSK
photo l1TlhxB
photo Yo0GREM
photo 9lXIDj5
photo y1H5P3q
photo V7lsKkz
I have to say my IFE did not work for the whole flight, and wasn't able to use it. It only displayed the flight map. Strange, cause others pax IFE worked.

There. I got my newsparper and a little pre-flight drink. Ready to go.

The usual Safety Demonstration on the IFE Screen is enjoyable, probably mostly for the Crew
photo Wx5WB0Y
photo CebmsZF

A panorama as seen from my Seat
photo TOf4Uez

Takeoff was very smooth despite the windy weather
photo 3xFOF8o
photo gglM9b9
photo FjklpWG

Once in flight, I asked the crew if I could have a little walk up to F-Class. The First Class cabin was not open to sales. I heard there were some UPG or non-rev, but on this leg, no one was sitting there. Very cool and comfortable seats, with loads of space and even bigger IFE Screens. The style of the cabin is really very pleasant.
photo PKX9sGY
photo 5kK9zeM
photo byS8DQj

Time to enjoy a little snack, which was quite good given the very short time. GVA-ZRH is a 50 minute flight, as of schedule. In reality, it's 35 minutes flying, so it's quite a stressful moment for the crew to do the service and prepare the cabin for landing. Oh, and they use real glasses in C-Class. That's gettin really seldom nowadays…
photo uJPrFef
photo 17xHUD9

Getting ready for descent and landing in ZRH:
photo S9EXlct
photo innrfSW
photo owknMXl
photo cF9FHGU

Yes. That's a 3-point seatbelt. Of course I didn't notice at takeoff and was reminded by the crew to please put it on. Same on landing. I'm just not used to it!
Very smooth touchdown in ZRH after 35 minutes.
photo qWsGe07

These GE engines are just enormous compared to the little Avros on the Tarmac
photo 7AzfCxe

Byebye 777!
photo gZ1kaSp

I didn't want to leave the plane, but hey, I had to
photo ZG5IyhA
photo aRbmXGi

And time for a reward in the LX Business Lounge before the next flight:
photo ugAvg4v

Here's a video of takeoff, landing, and a quick view of the cabbin:

Verdict

SWISS

TOTAL 9.0/10

Swiss Business Class

Comfort 9.0
TOTAL 7.9/10

Geneva - GVA

TOTAL 8.3/10

Zurich - ZRH

TOTAL 8.8/10

Conclusion

Amazing plane. The interior is really simple but elegant. Very Swiss style, and I think it looks perfect. Flying a brand new plane is also a nice experience!
The seats are extremely comfortable, and the service was very pleasant. Of course, it was special, as it was still new for the crew as well: they were all a little excited too, which made the ambiance quite funny.

GVA airport is my home base, but so many walkways make it quite boring, except if you're in gates A5-A10. But all in all, it does its job, and the airport has been getting nicer in the last years with renovation works.

Zürich always amazes me, it's a very beautiful (yet expensive) airport to go through. Great design, nice selection of shops and just nice to walk around with great apron views.