FLIGHT AM 516
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER --
AIRCRAFT Embraer E-170
TAKEOFF 16-09-05 3:05 p.m.
LANDING AT 5:20 p.m.
MrMax
The 4th January 2017

Photo review of Aeromexico Connect flight from Mérida to Mexico City in Economy

BACKGROUND

Hi Everybody! Welcome to my flight-report series on my trip to Mexico last september. I booked these flights with Aeromexico at the last minute from SFO-MID (Merida), via GDL on the way there and MEX on the way back. I had one-hour connections both ways. Originally, my routing looked like this:

SFO - GDL AM 663
GDL-MID AM 2107
MID-MEX AM 516
MEX-SFO AM 664

However, we missed our connection at GDL (long story, explained in previous flight report), we rerouted GDL-MEX-CUN instead of GDL-MID for the remainder of our journey, while retaining the MID-MEX-SFO itinerary on the return leg. Our routing now looked like this:

SFO-GDL AM 663 HERE

Here's our old routing:

photo screen shot 2016-10-24 at 10.01.19 pm

And here's our new one:

photo screen shot 2016-10-24 at 10.03.00 pm

Also, this flight-report will be rather short. I don't have so many pics. Sorry.

FLIGHT REPORT

I arrive at MID three hours before my flight (excessive, I know). Some pics of MID airport:

They have two security checkpoints, one for A gates, one for B gates:

Walking to my gate:

Boarding area:

apron 50 mins before departure, our 11 year old E-170 (XA-ALK) arrive:

Boarding:

Legroom isn't great;

Setback pocket contents:

Takeoff is on-time with nice views of Merida:

Cabin Shot:

The FAs come through the cabin with the drink cart shortly after departure. I get a tea and water with "cookie" (other choice for snack was peanuts).

The "cookie" wasn't really a cookie but was okay (not great). The tea could have been better but this is a short flight so I'll will forgive them :)

Shortly after, descent into MEX starts with beautiful views of the city as usual!

Our landing is on-time if my memory serves me correctly. I get one final shot of the beautiful a/c:

We are bussed in and go through arrivals very easily. I make my 50 min connection with time to spare.

CONCLUSION

AM's domestic product is good. Its like US legacy carriers plus free alcoholic beverages and free checked bag.

The cabin was a little cramped, but for a short flight this was okay. However, I wouldn't like to stay in that seat for more than 1 hour.

The magazine is mediocre and there isn't any other IFE, but none should be expected on such a short hop though.

The FAs are very nice and do their job efficiently and with a smile! Great job!

The catering is what I'd expect for a short flight on a regional. However, not mind blowing at all.

MID was modern and efficient but could be cleaner!

MEX was great! Clean, modern and efficient!

Overall, I think that AM's domestic product is very good except for the hard product and I'd fly with them again.

Thank you for reading and please drop me a line in the comments section!

See you next time for MEX-SFO, then a series on my trip to Thailand!!!!!!!!

Verdict

Aeromexico Connect

TOTAL 6.1/10

Mérida - MID

TOTAL 6.9/10

Mexico City - MEX

TOTAL 7.4/10

Conclusion

The FAs are very nice and do their job efficiently and with a smile! Great job!

Thank you for reading and please drop me a line in the comments section!

See you next time for MEX-SFO, then a series on my trip to Thailand!!!!!!!!