FLIGHT BA 782
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 10D
AIRCRAFT Airbus A320
TAKEOFF 16-11-18 4:30 p.m.
LANDING AT 8 p.m.
jetsetpanda
The 6th January 2017

Photo review of British Airways flight from London to Stockholm in Economy

Hi and welcome to the continuation of my connecting segment to ARN. Here is my schedule so far:

SFO-LHR on BA Y - click here.
LHR-ARN on BA Y - you are here.
ARN-PRG on SK Y - click here.
PRG-CDG on OK Y - click here.
CDG-HND on JL F - click here.
HND-PEK on JL J - click here.
PEK-SFO on UA Y - click here.

The early arrival into LHR gave me some extra time to connect and allowed me to find the Galleries First lounge at a more leisurely pace. However, I never thought that trying to locate the lounge was a challenge. After security I saw the Concorde Room entrance and inquired the outside receptionist. She told me to walk all the way to the opposite side of the terminal, take the stairs down, then walk to the opposite side once again and take a set of stairs up. I have never been given a more convoluted set of directions for a lounge.

After quite a lot of walking and feeling like a mouse running inside a labyrinth, I was rewarded with the arrival into the BA Galleries First lounge - that exclusive oasis for the "other" Oneworld Emerald members who were not special enough to qualify for entrance in the Concorde Room. :P

photo ba first gallery  lhr 3 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 4 - copy

Once you take the escalators to the entrance, there is a common hallway that is shared with the Elemis Spa and the Galleries Club lounge. There is a nice exhibition of BA memorabilia.

photo ba first gallery  lhr 5 - copy

I show my boarding pass along with my AA EXP card and was welcomed into the lounge.

photo ba first gallery  lhr 16 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 17 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 18 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 23 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 24 - copy

Each WC had its own sink which was a nice surprise.

photo ba first gallery  lhr 8 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 6 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 7 - copy

I then decided to take a shower and was advised to exit the lounge and inquire at the Elemis Spa. That was a bit of a hassle since i had to show my boarding pass again in order to regain entry back to the lounge. I would have thought that for a F lounge there would be a set of dedicated showers instead of being shared with the J lounge . I was given a pager by the Elemis attendant and within 15 min. my shower suite was ready.

The shower is the same as the one that I have used at the Galleries Club at T5B on a previous visit. They are more functional than luxurious with Elemis toiletries.

photo ba first gallery  lhr 10 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 15 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 12 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 13 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 14 - copy

I went back to the Galleries First lounge and upon checking the departure monitor found out that my ARN flight was moved to one of the satellite terminals instead of the main T5 terminal at the last minute. That cut my stay short and I barely had time to enjoy a glass of champagne before leaving in a hurry. Aargh! I originally wanted to grab something to eat but I had to settle for a wrap or bacon sandwich aboard (that is what i thought).

photo ba first gallery  lhr 19 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 20 - copy

photo ba first gallery  lhr 21 - copy

On my way to the train for the satellite terminal.

photo ba 782 lhr-arn 2 - copy

A quick plane shot while walking to the gate.

photo ba 782 lhr-arn 3 - copy

When i arrived at the gate the flight had started to board already. I settled into my aisle seat and thankfully the middle seat remained empty. The pitch was tight.

photo ba 782 lhr-arn 5 - copy

My row.

photo ba 782 lhr-arn 4 - copy

It took some time to taxi and once we were airborne the service commenced. To my surprise there was no wrap or bacon sandwich distributed, just a basket with shortbread cookies, nuts or crisps. For some reason I always thought that ARN flights had a snack besides packaged goods.

Is this it?

photo ba 782 lhr-arn 6 - copy

The flight was uneventful and when we arrived in ARN, I went to McDonalds and had 2 sandwiches before taking the shuttle to my hotel.

ARN airport. Heading to Skycity.

photo dsc05457 - copy

photo dsc05458 - copy

Verdict

British Airways

TOTAL 5.6/10

British Airways Terminal 5A Galleries First

Comfort 9.0
TOTAL 8.0/10

London - LHR

TOTAL 8.4/10

Stockholm - ARN

TOTAL 9.3/10

Conclusion

I wish that I had more time to enjoy the BA Galleries First lounge. The last minute gate change to a satellite terminal did not help and cut my stay short. LHR T5 is a huge terminal and sometimes connecting there can be time consuming. Fortunately my experience this time was smoother.

The flight was uneventful but I was surprised that there was not any substantial snacks offered, just packaged goods. I know that in 2017 the catering on this particular flight will switch to a B.O.B. scheme with M&S items. It seems that BA is behaving more like a LCC these days instead of a legacy carrier.