FLIGHT DY1040
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 27B
AIRCRAFT Boeing 737-800
TAKEOFF 16-12-11 9:35 a.m.
LANDING AT 11:40 a.m.
King
The 9th January 2017

Photo review of Norwegian flight from Oslo to Kraków in Economy

This is my first Flight Report, so feedback is appreciated!
I chose to just report on the flight down to Krakow, and not the return since the flights were pretty similar and I was quite tired on the return.

Carrier: Norwegian Air Shuttle
Date: December 11th, 2016
Route: Oslo (OSL) - Krakow (KRK)
Flight #: DY1040
Aircraft: LN-NGG

My trip started at Oslo Central Station where I traveled to the airport by train. There air two companies that operates train from Oslo to Oslo Airport, and they both take just over 20 minutes. I chose the NSB and not the Airport Express Train on this journey, with cost as the reason.
photo p1020797
The NSB trains can be full during peak hours, but for this trip I had many seats to choose from.

When I arrived at the Airport I just had to take a couple escalators to get to the departures hall.
photo p1020799
The check in process on Norwegian is fully automated and you print your own boarding pass and bag-tags from the self-serve kiosks.
photo dsc00053
Then you place your bag at one of the bag-drop stations, scan the tag and off you go! Both Norwegian and SAS (and other airlines) uses this system at Oslo Airport.
photo dsc00052
Oslo Airport are expanding and will be fully finished in April. However, the new departures hall opened for selected flights in December. It will be used mostly by Norwegian for their many flights out of Oslo.
photo p1020800
After security I went through the gates for the international flights.
photo p1020802
I then had to go through the new tax-free store, before I had to pass through some construction where the old tax-free store had been located to get to the main terminal.
photo p1020803
The angled windows at Oslo Airport makes it hard to take photos of the planes outside.
photo p1020806
photo p1020807
The aircraft that would be taking me to Krakow. A Boeing 737-800 registered as LN-NGG. It actually had its first flight December 11th 2012, so the plane celebrated its fourth birthday the day I flew it.

Boarding started on time.
photo p1020811
Norwegian has dark leather seats on all of ther short-haul aircraft.
photo p1020825
The pitch was reasonable for such a short flight.

Boarding completed at 9.30, and we were pushed back right on time at 9.35.
photo p1020814
The cabin on Norwegians short-haul aircraft feels really fresh, and the mood lightning make for a comfortable environment.

After a short taxi we arrived at the runway, and takeoff were at 9.44. Under five minutes later the captain switched off the "fasten seat-belt sign" and we were underway to Krakow!
photo p1020821
Norwegian have no included food or drinks on any of their flights, but a Buy on Board menu are distributed on all flights lasting more than 2 hours. Since this flight was blocked at 2h 5min I asked for the menu, but I got told none were available. (Menus were handed out on the return flight). The crew told the menu in the in-flight magazine (for sub 2 hour long flights) were the one to use, but I wasn't that hungry so I decided to wait until i arrived.
photo p1020822
The cabin crew did their job as far as selling the Buy-on-board products go, but they didn't really appear friendly and smiling. On the return flight however, the crew was great.

The entertainment on Norwegians short-haul flights compromise of an inflight-magazine and free internet access for all passengers. They also have some free games and TV series, together with a traditional flight-map etc. which is accessible on your own device. There are also movies available for purchase. I took mulitple screenshots from the flight map and layout etc., but I had a problem with my tablet last week which meant I unfortunately lost all the photos before I had a chance to publish. The WiFi was usable, and I were able to read and send emails, and do some research about my destination. Overall the in-flight entertainment on Norwegian is really good, and if they also include some free movies I will give them 10 points in the future.
photo p1020827
A short flight later we started our decent into Krakow. The flight had been smooth the entire way, but there were some crosswinds upon landing.
photo p1020832
photo p1020835
We landed at Krakow airport at 11.30 and a short taxi later we were parked at a remote stand. Krakow airport seems to use remote stands for all their flights.
photo p1020838
A Ryanair flight departing in the background.
photo p1020840
We then drove past a couple private jets..
photo p1020841
photo p1020842
If anyone knows aircraft type etc. I would appreciate the information .
photo p1020846
photo p1020843
We parked next to an LOT Polish Airlines Q400 in the EuroLOT livery.
We then deplaned through the back door onto the waiting buses and wished our plane goodbye.
photo p1020844
photo p1020845
On our short drive to the terminal we drove past an EasyJet A319
photo p1020847
And then we had to walk through a short hallway on our way to baggage claim.
photo p1020848

Verdict

Norwegian

Buy on board 5.0
TOTAL 6.5/10

Oslo - OSL

TOTAL 8.5/10

Kraków - KRK

TOTAL 7.0/10

Conclusion

Norwegian is a great airline for short intra-European flights. Their prices are reasonable, and even though they are classified as a Low Cost Carrier they offer a great cabin with leather seats, a decent seat pitch and free WiFi on-board. The food and beverage menu (Buy on Board) is limited, but on a two hour flight this is not really an issue.