Review of Lufthansa flight Frankfurt-am-Main Munich in Business

Seat 4F
Aircraft Airbus A320Neo
Take-off 12 Mar 17, 10:15
Arrival at 12 Mar 17, 11:15
LH   #44 out of 111 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 622 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 12th March 2017
Hello,

I took this short flight after arriving from Miami the same morning.

As I had ca. 2 hours connection time in Frankfurt I visited the Lufthansa Business Lounge on the A gates pier.
It was quite crowded however I still managed to have a refreshing shower in the nice bath room.

photo lh21photo lh20

Boarding started on time and soon I was in my window seat. Flight was very full and had more than 10 rows of Business Class this morning.

photo lh22photo lh23

The crew was ok but not too friendly. However they had a tough job today on this short 30 minutes hop.

We started in southerly direction and had a very calm flight.

Only minutes after take off the crew served the following meal:

photo lh24

It seams that Lufthansa is doing cost cutting measures as the napkin was only of high quality paper.
Several months ago the napkin was still real cloth napkin which has created a much nicer and higher quality feeling to the service.
Still the food tasted fine and was more than enough for a short 30 minutes hop. The bread was served warm.

But there was one big disappointment: All drinks were served in paper and plastic cups!
I had never experienced this in Lufthansa Business Class and in my opinion this is not a good service.
European Business Class only offers few differences to Economy Class - so why also cut away the real glasses and nice porcelain mugs??
I hope this was an exception because of the very short flight time and completely full and huge Business cabin.
However on similar short flights MUC-FRA before always real glasses have been used.

photo lh25

We arrived at our gate perfectly on time.

Verdict

Lufthansa

6.1/10

Frankfurt-am-Main - FRA

8.5/10

Munich - MUC

7.0/10

Conclusion

A good short Lufthansa hop.
However all my previous flights on this sector have been better.
Seams Lufthansa is doing cost cutting also in Business Class: Gone are the cloth napkins and even the real glasses have replaced by plastic cups.

Caribel 113 Comments

For a quicker turnaround the airline may choose disposable serving ware. How was the seat?

FlyAlex AUTHOR 19 Comments

I also think they used disposable Cups because of the high load factor, short flight time and quick turnaround. It seams it was an exception on this particular flight as a Friend of mine still received proper glasses on another domestic flight from Berlin to Munich this weekend.

The seat was comfortable: regular Economy seat with middle seat empty and a very good seat pitch.