Review of British Airways flight Glasgow London in Economy

Flight BA 1489
Seat 30K
Take-off 24 Dec 14, 15:35
Arrival at 24 Dec 14, 17:05
BA   #39 out of 112 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 534 reviews
RA85104
Published on 4th October 2017
Now it's time to fly back home after 3 days in Glasgow. During this week end I had the chance to avoid a accident (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Glasgow_bin_lorry_crash) it happened just when I arrived in Glasgow. Apart this I had a nice trip in Scotland. I got time to rest, to visit the city and the area around Glasgow. So when the trip was finish I took the bus to go to the airport. Because I arrived in advance I got time to walk into the terminal. It is a nice airport, there are some interesting flight such as Virgin with 747 and Loganair flight.

Now it's time to go to the boarding gate. Few minutes before our boarding, there was a Ryanair boarding, it the boarding area it was bit chaotic we were 3 flight boarding at the same time (and one cancelled). The flight which was cancelled was one for LHR but because the plane was hit by lightning it was grounded. So the passengers of this flight were invited to take the next LHR flight (our flight - 90% of the A319). Then when the boarding was called, we started to board.

photo 16080760326_24176345c3_c

photo 15919119428_824e939a67_c

The boarding took a bit more time than usual, to let BA staff to handle the situation, and to let everyone to board due of the previous flight which was cancel. During this time I went into the line, and when I enter into the plane I was nicely welcome by one stewardess and one steward. During my way to my seat I pass in front of the old seats, which are larger than the new ones. The cabin was looking clean.

photo 16080760026_2700ce4378_b

photo 16104622461_a2fa8f5e6a_c

Arrived to my seat. On the first look I was afraid that it would be not comfortable… But later on I found it good for a short flight. The recline was not so good (watch it on the general cabin picture). Boarding was completed, and good news nobody was seated next to me. Doors closed, push back, safety demonstration, and taxi for take off. The take off was fine, it was a bit strange for me to be on a such big aircraft for a short flight.

photo 15919248990_4be2205a8b_c

photo 16106523525_07f7f4d559_c

photo 16104622151_22b2957b62_c

photo 15920786167_8a08fe6c4d_c

Once we were flying to our cruising altitude the crew gave us some biscuits/cookies and served us some tea/coffee. I found the sky really nice tonight, there are nice colors. When I finished to eat my biscuits and drink my tea I went to walk a bit into the cabin which nice. I found it quiet empty, even when we know that we received many passengers from the A319 flight which was cancelled. Just time to take one picture, and we started the descent into London. This evening we flew over the city, what a nice view without clouds !!!

photo 15484208314_9c7549647f_c

photo 16104621621_f0032aa51a_c

Welcome at LHR after a quick landing, there are airplane behind us waiting to land. London airport is busy most of time. Once arrived to our gate I went to visit the flight deck, and I took a little souvenir picture about this domestic flight onboard a 767. The crew was nice, but I didn't see it so much during the flight. But I can understand for a such short flight … Here is the end, before the end of the year Eves.

Thank you for your reading.