Review of LAN Airlines flight Pereira Bogota in Economy

Flight LA4215
Aircraft Airbus A320
Take-off 27 Sep 17, 14:05
Arrival at 27 Sep 17, 14:35
LA   #25 out of 113 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 65 reviews
jacrew76
Published on 5th October 2017
Hello Everyone.

This is short trip report of a Colombian domestic flight in LATAM Colombia, from Pereira to Bogota.
Due to Avianca`s pilot`s strike, my flight from Cali to Bogota was moved and I had an international connection to catch, therefore the best option was travelling by road to Pereira which takes a little less than 3 hours from Cali, the city I live and then taking a LATAM`s flight to Bogota.

Pereira`s Airport is pretty basic and actually not the best airport I have been on.

After security check there is like an open bridge that connects boarding rooms which is great for plane spotting sadly there were not planes at the apron.

photo img_0951photo img_0954

I got into Avianca`s VIP lounge very basic of course as well as very small but again with great open windows allowing to see planes landing and taking off.

After a good coffee I went to the boarding room. I took some pics from the planes that were there at the moment.

Boarding was chaotic and the plane felt very cramped, seats were dirty and legroom was poor, and I am not a tall person and it felt really unconfortable.

Boarding was completed, cross check, safety instructions were shown in the overhead monitors. And we were ready to take off. This flight gave me one of the best views I have ever had from Colombia.

This is a very short flight and the BOB service was not announced, however a couple of pax bought some wine. Here is the MERCADO Latam menu. Some other views from the flight

Latam provides Latam Entertaiment app, I wanted to try it but it did not work during the flight.

Descent started very soon and we were ready to land in a cloudy and very cold afeternoon at El Dorado`s airport

Some plane spotting during our taxiing to the terminal. El Dorado was empty that day as half of Avianca`s operations were cancelled.

Time to deboard and walk to the baggage claim

Verdict

LAN Airlines

3.5/10
Entertainment3.0

Pereira - PEI

1.5/10

Bogota - BOG

8.1/10

Conclusion

Pereira is one of my favourites cities in Colombia and I really believe it deserves a better airport.

Check in was quick and efficient with kind staff -

I am used to fly Avianca only, so flying LATAM was a bit weird for me, seats were really cramped and the front of my seat was very dirty as shown on one of the pictures.

Due to the length of the flight BOB was not offered and it was not a problem for me.

Flight attendants on this flight were completely indifferent no greetings, not farewell. I really didn't know what to expect on this short flight but I did expect a little bit more of the Colombian cordiality. I have been living here for 13 years and I tend to find that companies have a got a well oriented customer service most of the time.

El Dorado Airport is one of my favourites, always clean and efficient.

I cannot judge LATAM based on a short flight like this, but I do appreciate how useful it was during this emergency I had due to Avianca`s pilots strike.

nechus 385 Comments

Hola JACREW76 !!

Veo que latam es igual en todas partes: las rodillas pegadas al asiento delantero y el aseo no muy bueno. Todavía no he visto bien el "mercado latam". Hace tiempo que no vuelo con ellos porque las otras alternativas que tengo a la mano siempre son más atractivas, aunque sean low cost.

Hermosas vistas desde el aire. Tengo muchas ganas de visitar Colombia. Ojalá ocurra pronto!

Gracias por el informe!! ^^

jacrew76 AUTHOR 2 Comments

Gracias a tì por leerlo y comentar. Me avisas cuando vengas a colombia