Flight-Report

Arrival at 20 Sep 15, 17:40
NA 7 reviews
Kolia
Published on 4th March 2018
After a short break in Naples, I'm back to Scandinavia. I was flying with Danish Air Transport onboard an Airbus A320 OY-JRK (previously ADRIA) operated by DOT.LT (a subcompany from DAT). So I booked my flight with SAS from Billund to Oslo. And this is a SAS flight operated by Jettime, a danish carrier which use 737-300 & 700 and ATRs.

It will be a good opportunity for me to try the new ATR 600 series which start to fly in 2011. I already flown on ATR planes few years ago. It was the Bristol-Paris CDG route operated by Air France Airlinair.

Today's flight hardly started, because due the late arrival at Billund of my plane from Naples, I had to run in the airport to print my boarding pass. I tried on the machine, but it doesn't work, I went to the desk office and they succed to sort it out after few computer handling. I went though out the security (from the priority lane) and finally saw my boarding gate. I was lucky, because I was the last passenger to board, it was the final call.

photo 22805099611_21e9cf48c9_o

After I walked down the stairs, I was quickly on the tarmac where where my plane was parked. The paint sheme looks great on this ATR. In the past, SAS use some propolers planes, some Dash 8 Q400 but the had some crashed, and SAS finally stop to use them.

Today's plane will be the OY-JZE. It start with Jettime in July 2014, so this is a one year old aircraft ! Quiet young ! As you can see from the beginning, this is a SAS flight. But the aircraft is operated by Jettime, a little danish carrier which operates some B737-300, B737-400, B737-700 and ATR 72. This airline is doing some leasing flights for SAS, but is mainly specialized on the charter flights.

Before to enter into the plane, from the stairs located at the end of the plane, we can clearly read "operated by Jettime". When entering, I was warmly welcomed by a danish stewardess wearing a badget "SAS operated by Jettime" another crew member who was in the middle of cabin, helping passengers.

photo 22605922420_5ea61c47dd_o

photo 22375530497_f23259f105_o

I was the last passenger to enter into the cabin… I was out of breath because I run to get my plane !!! When she saw me the stewardess smile and ask me, did you run? I answered that yes, because my plane from Naples land with some delay. She said that she saw it !!! She told me to seat and relax the flight now. It was a kindly attention from her. I appreciated it.

After the engines start, the crew made the safety demonstration, and the final cabin check. We were ready to taxi to the take off runway. During our taxi we passed next to the famous MD87 from Danish Air Transport (the last MD87 in Europe). I took it a week ago from Billund to Naples. It was a great flight experience !

photo 22767909346_f29e071a1e_o

After the take off I went to discover the cabin which was looking freshly new. I will start from my seat and will finish to the cabin in general.

About my seat, the pitch was quiet small. Hopefully, it will be a short flight. On the document "pocket" we can find the inflight magazine, the inflight menu, the sickness bag and the safety card. The overhead panel looks new as well. As you can see there is any "no smoking" sign, it has been replaced by the electronic devices sign.

The cabin in general was looking clean, and bright ! This is a good point because many passengers doesn't feel comfortable on small cabin. The brightness effect helps to feel more comfortable onboard. I had a little chat with the cabin purser, who explained me that it was a such pleasure to work onboard this new plane. It gaves a good work atmosphere for them.

photo 22172755313_574b0e39c4_o

photo 22767909046_c86c41a336_o

photo 22172754893_a42d02596c_o

The inflight service was very simple, we had only tea and coffee complementary and other stuff like salads or drinks like coke, mineral water, jus were for purchase. I often bring with me some biscuits I bought before the flight to go with my hot drink. Today it will be a tea and my biscuits, some "Petit Ecolier" a french chocolate biscuits brand (LU).

photo 8215592

Now it's time to arrive in Oslo. We start our descent into some clouds. The flight was very comfortable, and the thing which was really different that other aircraft was that it was not so difficult to speak with someone else. The ATR72-600 is not a so noisy plane ! Our approach to Oslo Gardenmoen was smoth, no turbulences at all !

The touch down was not hard. Weather conditions, were great to fly (apart some clouds). After the landing, the crew made his arrival announcement about the temperature and the arrival time.

photo 22172754593_173d35b016_o

photo 22605922920_73bc76ca03_o

Here is the end of the great flight. It was a great flight experience on this new aircraft. The crew was careful about passengers request, and I shared a good time with them when they shared with me their experience about this plane. When leaving this aircraft, it was starting to rain. It will be a pleasure to fly again onboard this ATR, and maybe onboard another airline.

photo 22401718209_cca2a8026e_o

Thank you for your reading and see you next flight ;)