- In order to get home, we flew back to Phoenix on the neo in Main Cabin Extra to see those Oasis-style seats that everyone hates.
- AA's neo features Airbus' new overhead XL bins. You can place your luggage on its side. Amazing.
- American's A321neo has 20 First Class, 47 Main Cabin Extra. and 129 Economy Seats. 196 in total. Very tight.
- My seat, 10F, had 33 inches of pitch for a Main Cabin Extra seat. Despite having an inch less than the LAA seats found on the 737s/A321s, the legroom still felt… spacious. This was very likely due to the slimline design of the seat.
- As many know, American opted for no personal entertainment screens, and chose to install tablet holders. I didn't use them on the flight as I fell asleep after takeoff.
- We taxied quickly to runway 7L. I was seated closer to the engine on this flight than my last, and you can really hear the new engine's "ring" or buzz. Truly quiet engines.
- The seat offers a small amount of recline. The headrest is adjustable. I fell asleep quickly with the flight having a departure time of 1:00 a.m.
- I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep. When I woke up, my back was hurting. The slimline seats offer almost zero padding, and sitting in these seats especially for a long time can be uncomfortable.
- I decided to get up and check out the infamous bathrooms that are installed in American's Oasis planes, the MAX, and the neo.
- The bathroom next to row 26 is absolutely terrible for the passengers seated next to it… especially on a long red-eye flight like this.
- When opening the door, it surprised me greatly. The light was REALLY bright and disruptive.
- The bathroom was very narrow too. The sink didn't splash like the MAX and Oasis 737 though.
- I missed snack/beverage service earlier, but it was just the typical pretzels, Biscoff cookies, and drink.
- The FAs came by about an hour before landing to offer drinks.
- Shortly we began our descent and landed in sunny Phoenix.
- One final notable thing was the free WiFi on this flight… again. Was this an accident? Maybe? Twice in a row? Good luck?
Yeah... the neo is just another victim of AA's Project Oasis. Terribly hard and uncomfortable economy seats. Removal of personal entertainment screens. Spacious cabin is nice though.
I seriously feel bad for the passengers seated near the mid-cabin bathroom.
Free WiFi is an obvious plus, and AA is "confirmed" to be introducing free WiFi...