Review of American Airlines flight Anchorage Phoenix in Economy

Seat 10F
Aircraft Airbus A321neo
Take-off 25 Jun 19, 01:30
Arrival at 25 Jun 19, 07:50
AA   #73 out of 134 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 327 reviews
Ishrion
Published on 21st July 2019

- In order to get home, we flew back to Phoenix on the neo in Main Cabin Extra to see those Oasis-style seats that everyone hates.

- AA's neo features Airbus' new overhead XL bins. You can place your luggage on its side. Amazing.

- American's A321neo has 20 First Class, 47 Main Cabin Extra. and 129 Economy Seats. 196 in total. Very tight.

- My seat, 10F, had 33 inches of pitch for a Main Cabin Extra seat. Despite having an inch less than the LAA seats found on the 737s/A321s, the legroom still felt… spacious. This was very likely due to the slimline design of the seat.

- As many know, American opted for no personal entertainment screens, and chose to install tablet holders. I didn't use them on the flight as I fell asleep after takeoff.

- We taxied quickly to runway 7L. I was seated closer to the engine on this flight than my last, and you can really hear the new engine's "ring" or buzz. Truly quiet engines.

- The seat offers a small amount of recline. The headrest is adjustable. I fell asleep quickly with the flight having a departure time of 1:00 a.m.

- I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep. When I woke up, my back was hurting. The slimline seats offer almost zero padding, and sitting in these seats especially for a long time can be uncomfortable.

- I decided to get up and check out the infamous bathrooms that are installed in American's Oasis planes, the MAX, and the neo.

- The bathroom next to row 26 is absolutely terrible for the passengers seated next to it… especially on a long red-eye flight like this.

- When opening the door, it surprised me greatly. The light was REALLY bright and disruptive.

- The bathroom was very narrow too. The sink didn't splash like the MAX and Oasis 737 though.

- I missed snack/beverage service earlier, but it was just the typical pretzels, Biscoff cookies, and drink.

- The FAs came by about an hour before landing to offer drinks.

- Shortly we began our descent and landed in sunny Phoenix.

- One final notable thing was the free WiFi on this flight… again. Was this an accident? Maybe? Twice in a row? Good luck?

Bonus : Click here display

Verdict

American Airlines

6.0/10

Anchorage - ANC

6.4/10

Phoenix - PHX

7.2/10

Conclusion

Yeah... the neo is just another victim of AA's Project Oasis. Terribly hard and uncomfortable economy seats. Removal of personal entertainment screens. Spacious cabin is nice though.
I seriously feel bad for the passengers seated near the mid-cabin bathroom.
Free WiFi is an obvious plus, and AA is "confirmed" to be introducing free WiFi...

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4998 Comments

Hi Ishrion, Thanks for posting this review on the return. Soooo glad I'm leaving AA...they're just going down the tubes with these awful new cabins!

Take a look at your first report--we edited it to format it the typical report format. You should have text between photos, describing the experience. Take a look at what we did there and then go ahead and edit this one to do the same please. Thanks!