Review of SAS flight Paris Stockholm in Economy

Airline SAS
Flight SK578
Take-off 27 Feb 17, 12:15
Arrival at 27 Feb 17, 14:40
SK   #112 out of 139 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 183 reviews
Flying-Kolia
Published on 5th December 2019

During the month of February me and a friend of mine decided to spend 3 days in the Swedish Capital. One of the target was to fly a last time aboard the Boeing 737-600 which is the smallest plane of boeing 737NG series. This aircraft type will be withdrawn from the SAS’ fleet and replaced by the Airbus A320NEO.

I met my friend at the Paris CDG terminal 1, which is a terminal I like due of it’s organisation, and it’s convenient access. SAS is the major airlines flying to this terminal, with Lufthansa, Swiss and Aegean. But we find some other airlines using wide bodies and one aisle aircrafts. Once we received our boarding card, we went to our gate, where our plane was waiting for it’s return flight to Stockholm.

It was my last flight onboard the Scandinavian Airlines B737-600, and since it doesn't fly anymore with SAS.

photo 31791511137_da33595975_hphoto 32857778968_fb759eafe0_h

Unfortunately the plane was not parked at the best gate, which didn’t allow me to take a nice picture of our today’s plane, anyway it happens. When boarding started, priorities were respected, and quickly it was our turn to board. When we arrived at the plane’s door we were warm welcomed by two stewardess’.

photo 31791511037_bf177c1a9d_h

photo 31791510857_370238f45a_h

Then me and my friend went to our seat. The pitch was good, even if we were at the back of the plane. As you can see this plane was fitted with the old seats which are definitely more comfortable than the SAS’ RECARO seats. When boarding was completed, the crew made the safety demonstration and the last cabin check prior to take off.

photo 31791510657_f09950777b_hphoto 32857778718_2e8a14bfb5_h

Once aligned on the take off runway the pilot speed up and we took off. Later on the seat belt sign was turn off. And quickly after the service started. Which was like usual, tea and coffee complementary and the rest for purchase. Also I took time to look was in the seat pocket in front of me, I was able to find the safety card, the sickness bag, the duty-free mag, the onboard menu and the inflight mag.

photo 32857778518_f16cb68e3f_hphoto 31873586957_f518593e32_h

Then after some reading, I went to the rear of the plane and I took the opportunity to take a cabin shot. The plane was 90% full, which is not too bad. I found the cabin a bit dark, due of the blue colored seats. Also I took a picture of the rear jumpseats section, where we can some vintage equipments compare to the newest planes. After this little break I went back to my seat to chat with my friend and later on we started our decent to Stockholm Arlanda.

photo 32857778358_6fe857a1dc_hphoto 32857778048_0b91dc83f6_h

The decent was nice, the Stockholm surroundings were beautiful with the snow. Lading was soft, and we quickly reach the gate. Before to leave the plane I went to thanks the crew for this flight, and was invited to meet the captain. A last shot of the flight deck of this little Boeing 737NG and then let’s go to enjoy the city.

photo 32857777588_e66c599852_h

I took this flight a year ago, and few days ago (30th november) it was the last flight of the last B737-600 Scandinavian Airlines. It is still possible to fly with the B737-600 with WestJet, Air Algérie and Tunisair. Thank you B737-600 !

photo sk600

Verdict

SAS

6.8/10

Paris - CDG

6.2/10

Stockholm - ARN

7.4/10

Conclusion

To conclude one of my last flight onboard the Boeing 737-600 SAS I would say that’s a nice plane to fly with. Quiet comfy thanks to the old seats and thanks to it’s size. Today’s crew was friendly and professional. Thank you to the SAS crew for this flight onboard the little 737NG !

Information on the route Paris (CDG) Stockholm (ARN)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 75 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Paris (CDG) → Stockholm (ARN).

The airline with the best average rating is Air France with 7.5/10.