Review of Air Transat flight Paris Toronto in Economy

Flight TS489
Aircraft Airbus A310
Take-off 29 Jun 09, 12:00
Arrival at 29 Jun 09, 15:00
TS   #83 out of 142 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 51 reviews
Flying-Kolia
Published on 1st February 2020

Here 10 years ago, I went to Canada, in Toronto in Ontario's region. What an idea to fly there ! At that time I was ignoring, how the A310 will be rare these days. It was my second trip away from the parents. They join me to the airport, a nice souvenir. The plane I will fly was an A310, this was my first time flying it. Also, online checking was not so poplar. So I asked at the check-in desk agent if there was a seat next to the windows… And there was one - the last one - . Then I took my boarding pass and me and my parents went in the queue to the security control before to say good bye. It was a summer day, where many families were traveling so it was a bit crowded.  Anyway, it was time now to fly to Toronto ! Let's fly !

photo 49299818213_ab92c56c0e_kphoto 49300310121_a57ba35157_k

Boarding started quickly, it was a bit chaotic, but it was fine for me, I success to find a place on the first bus. The journey was a but long, and finally we arrived next to our plane, I was very impressed. That plane is small but fat ! I love it ! I was welcomed by some crew members, and went to my seat. I was happy because I was just after the wings, one of my favorite place. Boarding completed, doors closed, we are ready to go ! It was followed by the safety demonstrations, from our parking place, no push-back needed.

photo 49299818153_6e491bfddc_kphoto 49299817983_f94449940a_k

Then after a short taxi we arrived to the take off runway. At this moment it was starting to rain. Unfortunately I lost the take off video. During the taxi, you can observe some nice old planes like B737-500 BMI Baby, B777-200 Malaysian Airlines, A340-300 Kuwait Airways, and CRJ700 Lufthansa CityLine. Once aligned we are ready to take off. With the A310, the take off pitch is quiet high, which allow her to gain altitude faster than other plane. Wonderful plane !

photo 49299817903_a42491169d_kphoto 49300515897_9cbb6f283b_k

The flight was smooth. Before lunch, I went quickly to discover the galley of this plane, and talked a bit to the stewardess. The crew was very kind with all passengers. That's quiet incredible to observe how the galley changed this days ! From the ovens to the coffee disposal, everything is defferent ! In the back you can observe the Log-Board Journal Air Transat that I offered to a friend of mine. Let's go back to my seat and will eat for lunch. Let's enjoy this vintage winglet.

photo 49300515782_7292f9dce9_kphoto 49299817673_6346390f4c_k

Sorry at this time I was not taking photographies of my lunch. Instead I have a picture of the old overheat TV showing our route. So vintage these days ! After lunch I stood up again, and I took a picture of the cabin from this A310 ! As you can observe this is the old cabin. While some airlines kept their 2-4-2 layout, Air Transat choose the lucrative one 3-3-3. During the flight we were able to watch 1 film from Canada, another international one, and one cartoon, in between there was some advertisement for Canada.

photo 49299817573_6518de6b0b_kphoto 49300309531_02281a4de8_k

Now it's time to arrive in Toronto. We flew over the city, which is huge ! That was my first time seeing an american city. After few turns, we align to the landing runway. I'm really sorry for the bad quality of the next two pictures, this because they come from my filming camera. Decent was soft, no many turbulences, and the weather was wonderful !

photo 49300309461_8b6fd59647_kphoto 49299817368_f12b7f0377_k

For landing we had a nice kiss landing ! My first one ever ! What a pleasure ! Then we taxi to our gate. Taxi was a bit long, compared to CDG one. The airport was huge, on the american size ! I saw for my first time some A320 Air Canada, B737 WestJet and Q200 Jazz. Then we arrived to our gate. Everyone took their belongings and disembarked.

photo 49299817288_249bcdf550_kphoto 49299817213_5b557b8bab_k

Before to leave the plane I went to thanks the crew and went to discover this vintage cockpit. Pilots were really kind, and were very happy to welcome a frenchie. So told me to enjoy Toronto, and Ontario regions and I leave the plane to take back my luggage. A last view on our today's plane with the WestJet's hangars in the background.

photo 49300515202_1ab7885f29_k