FLIGHT LX138
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 33A
AIRCRAFT Boeing 777-300ER
TAKEOFF 16-12-06 10:45 p.m.
LANDING AT 4:55 p.m.
NGD16
The 18th December 2016

Photo review of SWISS flight from Zurich to Hong Kong in Economy

Hi everyone, the report will cover the second part of the trip to Asia.

1. Part 1 LX3627 MUC -> ZRH Here
2. Part 2 LX138 ZRH -> HKG You are Here
3. Part 3 BR828 HKG -> TPE Here
4. Part 4 BR867 TPE ->HKG Here
5. Part 5 OS58 HKG -> VIE Here
6. Part 6 OS117 VIE -> MUC Here

Originally, I would have a 3 hours transit time in Zurich. But due to the delay, it turned out that I had 2 hours which was far more than enough. I passed through the immigration and got on the Skymetro to terminal E. Terminal E is a satellite terminal and handles non-Schengen international flights. Since there wasn't much flights leaving Zurich in the night, the terminal was quite empty (from an Asian standard). My flight to Hong Kong was assigned to gate E27, and as I had plenty of time, I decided to explore the terminal. Obviously there wasn't any shops that attracted me and soon I returned to the waiting area in front of my gate. The aircraft, HB-JNA, carrying FACES OF SWISS livery, will take me to Hong Kong tonight. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a good photo of the aircraft. 30 mins before the official time for boarding, people started to gather around the gate.
photo dsc02855
photo dsc02856
photo dsc02857
Boarding was on time. Tonight we had a light loading of about 60% I guessed. I chose a window next to the left wing in the front section of the economy class. I was so happy when I heard the announcement, "boarding completed". This meant that two seats next to me will be free!

My seat 33A
photo dsc02858
Cabin during boarding 1
photo dsc02860
11" touch screen monitor
photo dsc02862
Cabin during boarding 2
photo dsc02863
Before the push back, the cabin light was switched to the mood lighting mode.
photo dsc02866
View outside the window
photo dsc02868
Starting menu of the Inflight entertainment system. Indicating the flight time, distance and the seat number.
photo dsc02870
Cabin light was turned off during taxing and our plane came to an area besides RWY32, where de-icing was carried out. As I was siting right next to the wing, I can see the de-icing process over the wing. The whole process took about 15 minutes and we took off at 23:36pm.

De-icing in progress. A SWISS A340 was having the de-icing next to us.
photo dsc02871
Less than 30 minutes after take off, dinner was served. I chose the beef option together with a warm bread. I opted for a coke and they gave me the whole can, which was very generous comparing with their mother company, Lufthansa.
photo dsc02874
After the meal, I had a coffee.
photo dsc02875
I browsed the film database and finally ended up with a Chinese film called Time Raider.
photo dsc02876
At 1:36am I decided to have some sleep. It was great to have the adjacent seats unoccupied.
photo dsc02877
At 4:18am I woke up and from the map I discovered that we were flying over Turkmenistan. I went to the lavatory and continued with the last 30 mins of the movie. After finishing Time Raiders,I started to watch Star Trek Beyond but in less than 15 mins, I fell asleep again.
photo dsc02879
At 8:00am I woke up again and we were already flying over somewhere between Bangladash and India. I continued with Star Trek again. 10 mins later hot towel was distributed.
photo dsc02880
photo dsc02882
The Total Route view of the flying map.
photo dsc02883
Breakfast was served two hours prior to landing and this was the only option they provided.
photo dsc02886
Classic SWISS chocolate was distributed after the breakfast
photo dsc02887
Before the descend commenced, I went to the lavatory again and took a cabin shot.
photo dsc02888
Passing through Macau. You can see the bridge joining Macau and Hong Kong.
photo dsc02891
photo dsc02893
photo dsc02896
Final approach
photo dsc02897
At 17:47pm (Hong Kong time), we touched down at Hong Kong International airport.
photo dsc02898

Verdict

SWISS

TOTAL 8.6/10