FLIGHT 5J715
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 6A
AIRCRAFT Airbus A320
TAKEOFF 16-12-17 5:35 p.m.
LANDING AT 9:30 p.m.
AFGK1
The 14th February 2017

Photo review of Cebu Pacific flight from Davao City to Singapore in Economy

Hello once again! It's been a while since I have published my first 3 reports, I did not travel much this year due to school and all. This Christmas break we've managed to squeeze in a trip to Singapore. You see, 5J brought back its flights to Singapore after 5 years (5J flies to SIN and HKG from DVO since 2008 but these were cut in 2010). The only competitor of 5J in this route is Silkair (MI), the regional arm of Singapore Airlines, which flies to Davao since the 1990s if I'm not mistaken (other airlines used to fly to SIN but then most of these did not last). Anyways, here's the report, thanks alot!

P.S. I warn you that most of the pictures are blurry, I'm experiencing sinus pain so I really couldn't focus especially with taking pictures in the air, thanks again! :-)

Pre-Departure
So in DVO, there are two security checks (5 years ago it used to be three), one before check-in, and one before the pre-departure area. Security was a breeze (although prepare ample time at the airport since there are two security checks(There used to be a time where there were three, and you have to remove all accessories including shoes at both checks)(You also have to pay the travel tax, fill some forms and proceed through immigration).This is actually my first time passing through immigration in DVO (I usually travel out of MNL, fyi). Davao actually only has a handful of international destinations like Manado and Singapore (I may be outdated with the destinations). In addition, the international wing only has 3 gates and 1 store (for drinks and snacks). There used to be a cafe in the international wing but it probably closed due to the scarcity of international flights, plus there is only a few TVs in the airport, (Fun fact: It's not for flight displays).
photo img_1047 small
photo img_1054 small
photo img_1077 small
photo img_1080 small
The comfort room is clean.
photo img_1089 small
With relatively fast wi-fi, I took a corporate shot ;-)
photo img_1102 small

In-flight
Boarding commenced on time, Our seats were on the 6th row. The seats look clean and neat. The legroom is sufficient for a short flight for a short person.
photo img_1135 small
5J recently placed advertisements on the walls; I think this was because they stopped the publication of Smile magazine.
photo img_1137 small
Seat Controls
photo img_1138 small
Goodbye DVO! See you in a few days!
photo img_1144 small
And so I have this to relieve my sinus pain a bit.
photo img_1146 small
Let's take a look at their "new" menu, shall we?
photo img_1149 small
The menu is pretty much new as they've phased out smile, which was the magazine of 5J. Their offerings haven't changed since like years ago.
photo img_1152 small
photo img_1153 small
photo img_1154 small
photo img_1155 small
We've pre-ordered meals although it seemed really strange that only two options appeared on the website(They list a lot of choices for pre-ordered meals in their website)(and to think that both of the options are breakfast meals, 5J has to improve their system), but I digress.
Finally our meals were served. at first glance it looks small but to think that it's airline food it's passable. The meal overall is fine anyways. It's served with a bottle of (processed orange juice). Some people especially in western countries would find this overly sweet, but for Filipinos I think it's good.
photo img_1157 small
Removing the lid
photo img_1156 small
My meal was beef tapa(a breakfast meal as I've said earlier) which is beef marinated in vinegar and soy sauce. It is accompanied with scrambled eggs and garlic rice. In the ground, the eggs are usually sunny-side up so we usually mix everything together but since the tray is too small I've tried to get a small piece of everything in one spoon.
photo img_1158 small
I felt peckish after the meal so I ordered a cup of instant noodles.
photo img_1163 small
After that, a short game was played. If I;m not mistaken it involved Christmas songs and trivia. Only three questions were asked and I was one of the three winners(If I didn't control myself I would have got all of those questions). When I heard ube express(Ube is a famous delicacy in the Philippines made from purple yam) I thought that it is a place where you could buy all things ube, but I laughed at myself for realizing that it's a free bus ticket back in Manila (I've heard that their buses are fairly clean and new), Not that I'm not going to Manila anytime soon(Manila is full of pollution and traffic so I do try my best to avoid visting Manila) but I think it doesn't make any sense that you have a prize that you must claim at a city you might not visit during your trip. Oh well.
photo img_1164 small
I take a quick nap and when I woke up I realized that Singapore is still like an hour away and my sinus pain still lingers as of that moment(I should have brought a book, oh well).
When we almost landed I saw beautiful lights(obviously, if you're going to a place like Singapore you'd see many lights at night). Apologies for the pictures that look like cloud nebulas O.o .
photo img_1168 small
photo img_1171 small
photo img_1176 small
We've landed (it's a bit bumpy I tell you) in Singapore on time.
A KE 744 bound for ICN if I'm not mistaken.
photo img_1179 small
Of course Changi is clean and modern. (It's an irony that Changi sounds like Tiangge(pronounced chan-ge) is a term for Flea market in Filipino.)
photo img_1191 small
photo img_1194 small
photo img_1196 small
And here we go outside the airport. We cleared immigration and hailed a cab to our hotel
Thanks for reading my report, I will include a tourist bonus for the return flight :)

Verdict

Cebu Pacific

TOTAL 6.8/10

Davao City - DVO

TOTAL 8.4/10

Singapore - SIN

TOTAL 10.0/10

Conclusion

Well, Cebu Pacific is a budget airline, so you get what you paid for. Food was ok and the entire experience was good, although the lack of entertainment(At the very least 5J should bring back the magazines) made me deduct huge points from the total rating. The Flight Attendants are always smiling (And they have new uniforms, too). The flight was somewhat uneventful but at least the plane landed on time.