FLIGHT OK 760
CLASS OF SERVICE Economy
SEAT NUMBER 24F
AIRCRAFT Airbus A319
TAKEOFF 16-11-23 12:25 p.m.
LANDING AT 12:35 p.m.
jetsetpanda
The 8th January 2017

Photo review of CSA flight from Prague to Paris in Economy

Welcome to this segment which should be titled "A Business class experience at a fraction of the cost."

Here is a recap of my itinerary:

SFO-LHR on BA Y - click here.
LHR-ARN on BA Y - click here.
ARN-PRG on SK Y - click here.
PRG-CDG on OK Y - you are here.
CDG-HND on JL F - click here.
HND-PEK on JL J - click here.
PEK-SFO on UA Y - click here.

This was my first time in PRG and it was a charming and beautiful revelation. I enjoyed exploring this city and will share some impressions in the bonus at the end in addition to my stay at the Intercontinental hotel and the apartment that I rented in Josefov. in the meantime let's get back to the actual trip report.

The anticipation of flying a new airline (in this case CSA) is always a welcome experience worth getting excited about for every aviation geek. As I said in the beginning, this trip was very similar to J intra-European experience minus the cost. This particular segment cost me USD 44.40 (EUR 42.15) and I also pre-ordered a business class meal for USD 8.92 (EUR 8.47). I used my AZ's Freccia Alata Plus level to get priority check-in, boarding and lounge access at PRG. The only disappointment was the inability to pre-reserve a seat, even for elite Skyteam members. I played the seat lottery and waited until 24 hrs before dept. to select a window seat in the last row hoping that the flight would not be full.

I arrived at the OK counter and used the designated Skypriority line. Check-in by the smiling agent was smooth and courteous. I went through security in a breeze and headed to the Erste Lounge. PRG airport has an utilitarian feel lacking charm and sometimes it reminded me of a warehouse setting.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 1 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 2 - copy

After security I went to the Erste lounge.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 3 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 4 - copy

Erste lounge.

I thought that it was odd that OK did not have its own lounge at its hub and instead it refers its passengers to one that is managed by a third party entity. I presented my boarding pass along with AZ Skyteam Elite card and was welcomed inside. The club has two sections but the right side was less crowded. In addition there were WC's right after the reception area.

Entrance.

photo erste lounge  prg 1 - copy

Reception.

photo erste lounge  prg 12 - copy

Once I stepped inside I felt that the silver hanging lights and see-through "bead curtains" gave this place a 70's disco era ambiance. It was a one of a kind type of lounge for sure.

photo erste lounge  prg 23 - copy

photo erste lounge  prg 24 - copy

photo erste lounge  prg 11 - copy

The buffet area had pastries, cookies, crisps, and pretzel sticks. The hot items consisted of chicken and pork schnitzels, pasta primavera and beef broth. Refrigerators were stocked with crudites and a variety of open faced sandwiches.

photo erste lounge  prg 19 - copy

photo erste lounge  prg 8 - copy

photo erste lounge  prg 15 - copy

My snacks.

photo erste lounge  prg 18 - copy

There was also a kid's corner inside the lounge.

photo erste lounge  prg 21 - copy

I left for the lounge as soon as the gate was assigned for my flight.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 7 - copy

My plane at the gate.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 5 - copy

Eventually the crew arrived and boarded the airplane.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 8 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 10 - copy

Around 50 min. before dept. the gate agents arrived and prepared the gate for boarding. Wheelchair passengers were given priority folowed by J and Skyteam Elite passengers.

A FA was positioned at the door welcoming passengers as they entered. I made my way to the back where another FA was stationed. I said "hello" and she replied back, but did not seem very engaging.

Cabin.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 16 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 17 - copy

View from across.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 14 - copy

After everyone boarded, my gamble paid off and I won the seat lottery with the whole row to myself. Another passenger eventually moved to the row across and took the other set of seats for himself. i raised the armrests and got pretty comfortable.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 21 - copy

A couple of views from my window seat.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 25 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 20 - copy

Plane spotting during taxiing.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 24 - copy

David & Goliath.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 23 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 28 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 30 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 32 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 33 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 34 - copy

Take off on a foggy day. Bye PRG.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 35 - copy

Once we reached cruising altitude, the service began quickly. One of the FA's in the back galley handed me my pre-ordered meal. I was only able to order the cold meal option because my flight was under 3 hrs. It consisted of cold cuts, sliced cheese, garnishes, two pieces of bread and a tiramisu cake. I saw a few people buy the baguette sandwich which seemed like a good value because it was big.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 36 - copy

Interesting tray table design.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 38 - copy

Pre-ordered J meal.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 37 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 42 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 41 - copy - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 44 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 45 - copy

The rest of the flight was uneventful and soon we were landing in CDG. I was supposed to have 3 drinks with the pre-ordered meal but I never requested anything else besides the hot tea and the FA's never asked. During the descent one of the FA's asked me to lower the armrests for the row in preparation for landing.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 48 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 61 - copy

Taxiing to the gate.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 65 - copy

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 67 - copy

A shot of my plane parked at the gate.

photo ok 760 prg-cdg 70 - copy

***BONUS***

IC Prague.

I met my family at the Intercontinental hotel where for the first 24 hrs I just stayed put and had all my meals at the Club lounge. It was raining when I arrived and I needed time to recuperate from the jet lag.

Entrance & lobby.

photo ic club prg 2 - copy

photo ic club prg 35 - copy

Golem.

photo ic club prg 29 - copy

Business Center & Dining area.

photo ic club prg 26 - copy

photo ic club prg 23 - copy

photo ic club prg 60 - copy

photo ic club prg 36 - copy

photo ic club prg 41 - copy

Zatecka No 14 Apartments.

Very nice and big apartments located in Josefov. I loved the convenience of having a kitchen and washer/dryer. The apartment had 3 bedrooms and 2 WC's.

photo zatecka 14 4 - copy

photo dsc05921 - copy

photo dsc05952 - copy

photo dsc05990 - copy

Lokal restaurant

Hearty lunch with sausage appetizers, friend cheese, beef shin goulash and potato dumplings.

photo dsc05893 - copy

photo dsc05894 - copy

photo dsc05904 - copy

photo dsc05908 - copy

photo dsc05907 - copy

photo dsc05905 - copy

U Parlamentu restaurant.

Pancake stuffed with spinach covered with cheese appetizer, roast pork knuckle, roast duck with bread & potato dumplings and sauerkraut.

photo dsc06032 - copy

photo dsc06034 - copy

photo dsc06023 - copy

photo dsc06024 - copy

photo dsc06027 - copy

Verdict

CSA

TOTAL 8.1/10

Erste Premier Lounge

Comfort 8.0
TOTAL 7.9/10

Prague - PRG

TOTAL 8.4/10

Paris - CDG

TOTAL 8.6/10

Conclusion

PRG is not that big and it felt very functional. The Erste lounge did its job and it was a nice place to relax before the flight. The decor had a retro feel to it that I found unique. Catering is basic but the attempt to offer a few hot dishes is appreciated.

I was glad that I had a chance to fly a new airline and CSA proved to be a decent carrier. The ability to pre-order a premium meal was a big plus and the price was quite reasonable. For a cold meal the quality was fine. I did not find the crew overly friendly or very proactive but they did their job efficiently. It was a luxury to get a whole row for myself and by taking advantage of the Skyteam Plus benefits I had a very close intra-European J experience on this particular segment. A minor annoyance is the lack of free seat assignment for other Skyteam elite members.