Review of Finnair flight Helsinki Hong Kong in Business

Seat 4L
Aircraft Airbus A330-300
Take-off 25 Jan 16, 23:40
Arrival at 26 Jan 16, 15:30
AY   #29 out of 69 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 163 reviews
paccalof
Published on 20th February 2016
I arrived from Madrid and i had 8 hours to wait the next flight. My first idea was visit the Aviation Museum but in winter the opening hour is too short and my flight arrive just 1 hour the museum close. So i booked in the GLO Hotel, is inside at the airport and nice to spend a time there waiting your flight or to stay a night too.

To m are the check in on line you have to be part of Finnair Millage program or the app doesn't work. So i apply and i did my check in with this number and flying in Business Class when arrive to the lounge the lady tell me i have to use the Business Lounge but showing my status with AA she told me i can use the Premium lounge.
I think is really stylish and nice, the staff is really kind. You can choose different places in the lounge and have a space to rest and work too.

Have a Sauna and showers, so you can relax and spend your waiting time enjoying the Finland way.

The boarding was in first time Business Class pax, Priority and Economy. All in the same finger to the second door of the plane.

Offering Champagne, Orange Juice or water. The crew was chinese and they work so quickly and efficient, i was really impressive.

The Airbus 340-300 Marimeko Anniversary Livery being ready to depart to Singapure. Looks really pretty

photo 55

This was the pork option, the rice was chines style, no the best but was ok and the chicken was hot and tasty.

Breakfast like 1 hour before landing. Was good, tasty, too creamy for me but ok.

BA and EK A388 arriving too.

Verdict

Finnair

6.0/10

Finnair Premium Lounge

8.2/10
Comfort8.5

Helsinki - HEL

7.9/10

Hong Kong - HKG

7.2/10

Conclusion

My first long haul flight with Finnair. I have to say is a really good option. In the counter the lady speak spanish so when she saw my passport start to speak in spanish just for me, this makes me smile there, them the crew onboard was chines like i said and they was really warm and efficient in all the flight. They work different, was really nice to see another way to serve the meals, waiting the lady finish to serve the drinks to give you the food hot and you don't have to wait there the food or the drinks to start to eat.
The A333 is not my favorite plane and still think have the smaller WC of the aviation or whats? And the seats looks oldies but are confortables and the IFE was ok. No spanish options, or just one, i don't remember but i can repeat for sure.

Information on the route Helsinki (HEL) Hong Kong (HKG)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 4 reviews of 1 airlines on the route Helsinki (HEL) → Hong Kong (HKG).

The airline with the best average rating is Finnair with 7.2/10.

If you liked this review or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below !
    KL651 TEAM 4512 Comments

Thanks for the FR.

For once the lounge was not overcrowded.

Onboard, I find the dinner service very basic, even for a late departing flight.

paccalof AUTHOR 39 Comments

Hey, thanks for your reply. I didn't understand why you can order by internet a 3 Chef options and them you can't find onboard. Finnair show this like a good Finland service and taste but onboard doesn't have it, just other options, no meat, just chicken, chinese option, and fish or pasta.

757Fan 608 Comments

Nice report! Looks like a good trip with Finnair. I like their color scheme, of the strong white and dark blue colors.

Dinner looks good, but a bit lacking it seems for a international business class meal. I'm surprised their quantity isn't a bit more.

Thanks for sharing.

eminere™ 274 Comments

Shouldn't the flight number start with AY, not AC?

The mains was pork, not chicken, right? According to the menu.