Review of Cathay Dragon flight Beijing Hong Kong in Business

Class Business
Aircraft Airbus A330-300
Take-off 12 Mar 16, 08:00
Arrival at 12 Mar 16, 11:40
KA   #13 out of 142 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 64 reviews
taojinmeng
Published on 26th May 2016
Hello all Flight Reporters!

This is my very first Flight Report. I am so sorry for somewhere undetailed or the failure of English words usage and grammar, because English is not my mother tongue.

This report I most wanted to present the airlines I love: Dragonair (and also Cathay Pacific as sister airline with KA). Dragonair will soon be rebranded as Cathay Dragonair and I hope that Cathay Dragonair will keep Dragonair's style and also experience forever.

My report focuses on the flight's meal and some experiences on board.

1. Flight Information:

Flight number: KA905
Operated by Dragonair
Depart: Beijing (PEK) at 8a.m as schedule
Arrival: Hong Kong (HKG) at 11:40a.m as schedule
Aircraft: A330-300
Lounge: Dragonair and Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Beijing Capital Airport T3

2. Background:
I booked my flight from Beijing to Taipei, via Hong Kong to have 7 days travelling at Taiwan as Discounted Economy Class for 4 flights from PEK-HKG-TPE-HKG-PEK on March 12. I checked in online on the offcial website of Cathay Pacific 48 hours before my flight. Of course, I checked in with the seat 40A in Y class. The evening fore my flight KA905, I log-in online check-in system to change my seat to the back of the airplane, a miracle thing happened that the seats in Y class were full and the seat map at J class was available, but I cannot choose the seat on it. I had a guess that was a treat from CX to welcome me to Marco Polo (I joined Marco Polo in Febuary), or even an error of the system. And when I came to the airport at 5:30am and checked in my flight to Hong Kong, I got upgrade from Y to J class.

3. Story

I came to Beijing Capital Airport T3 at 5:30am and felt the busy in here.

I checked in at Marco Polo Club counter for my flight

and got my boarding pass on J class

photo img_3151_

I asked for priority baggage tag but the staff said "unable to add". And also I had no Lounge Invitation.

After Immigration Clearance I decided to try to ask for acceptance to come to the lounge. And I got it by scan BP.
Dragonair and Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge is old design and it is not a big lounge to compare with Hong Kong Airport. A day has more than 10 flights from PEK to HKG, but when I came here, there were not so much passengers.
photo img_3153photo img_3154photo img_3155
I got dimsum

I skipped to take photos of airport and boarding because I travel for this route so many times.

This is my aircraft, A333

Boarding was quick.
After boarding, FA came and gave me a cup of water (of couse there were some other choice such as yoguth, apple juice and so on)

Finnair had just arrived from HEL

Business Class Seat was much better than Economy. Very comfortable for short haul flight.
photo img_3164photo img_3165photo img_3171

After take-off 20 minutes, FA came and gave us a menu for breakfast.

I had Japanese style for breakfast
photo img_3169photo img_3170