Review of Austrian Airlines flight Munich Vienna in Business

Seat 1F
Aircraft Embraer E-195
Take-off 11 Oct 16, 19:15
Arrival at 11 Oct 16, 20:20
OS   #46 out of 124 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 149 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 16th October 2016
Hello everybody,

This trip started in the usual LH Business lounge which I have presented several times. Therefore I skip that here.

Boarding started on time via an airbridge and was quick and smooth.

photo imag3384photo imag3386

I settled into to my window seat in the first row of this Austrian Embraer. Leg room was excellent.

photo imag3387photo imag3389

Crew was very friendly and greeted me by name and offered me a choice of newspapers and magazines from which I selected a Time magazine.

photo imag3388

After manual safety demonstration we departed on time for this quick 45 minutes flight to Vienna.

Only minutes after take off crew started their service and impressed me a lot with serving a very good tasting meal:

photo imag3390

I contained a warm main dish of mashed potatoes and meat balls accompanied by a cake and a selection of warm bread.
Everything tasted great and was really much more than expected for such a short hop.

I added a diet coke and some tea which was very nicely served in my own small pot of tea.

photo imag3391

Before finishing everything we started descend again and soon landed in Vienna.

Verdict

Austrian Airlines

9.0/10

Munich - MUC

8.8/10

Vienna - VIE

8.1/10

Conclusion

A great short hop. Austrian Airlines provided great Business Class service including an excellent Do & Co meal.
Much more and better than expected.

Informations on the route Munich (MUC) Vienna (VIE)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Munich (MUC) → Vienna (VIE).

The airline with the best average grade is Austrian Airlines with 7.4/10.

More informations