Review of Delta Air Lines flight Seattle Portland in Domestic First

Flight 1443
Seat 4D
Take-off 01 Nov 16, 11:45
Arrival at 01 Nov 16, 12:15
DL   #30 out of 69 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 705 reviews
757Fan
Published on 6th November 2016
Greetings!

It has been a while since I posted my first flight-report, and so I thought I would share some photos from a recent flight I took with Delta. I was on my way to Portland from Minneapolis, and had connected through Seattle earlier in the morning that day. That morning my flight was operated by a 737-800, which surprised me that Delta was deploying such a large aircraft for such a short flight. For several weeks the seat map on the SEA-PDX was wide open, and a few days before my flight I received an email from Delta informing me that I had been upgraded for the flight, which was a nice surprise.

Our flight departed from the S Terminal, and before the flight I spotted two Hawaiian Airlines A330's, a Delta A330-200, and a 767-300 parked at various gates across the concourse. On push back, I spotted an ANA 787 in the Star Wars livery, but was unable to get a good photo of it from my window.

Boarding began leisurely at around 10:45am, and I was on board within a few minutes.

View from 4D

The Captain soon welcomed us all on board and said we'd be underway in a few minutes, the flight to Portland would be just about 54 minutes from gate to gate that morning and we'd be climbing to just 17,000 feet.

During the pre-departure beverage service I stuck with water, but when the Flight Attendants took drink orders for after takeoff, I chose a bloody mary.

Rainy day in Seattle

We were soon cleared for takeoff and were airborne very quickly.

Views after takeoff

photo img_2729photo img_2731

Above the clouds

After takeoff, the Flight Attendants were in the cabin serving beverages and pretzels. Only a few minutes after receiving my drink, the Captain announced we were beginning our descent into Portland. It was one of the fastest in-flight service I've ever seen!

Beginning our descent

The Flight Attendants then came around and collected glasses and trash, and prepared the cabin for landing.

photo img_2735photo img_2736

We soon made a smooth landing at PDX!

Icelandair 757-200 getting towed at PDX

Taxiing to the D gates

Verdict

Delta Air Lines

9.5/10

Seattle - SEA

10.0/10

Portland - PDX

10.0/10

Conclusion

This was a great flight with Delta. The service on this flight was excellent, and it was great to get on a 737 on such a short flight!

Comments are welcome!

757Fan

Information on the route Seattle (SEA) Portland (PDX)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 5 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Seattle (SEA) → Portland (PDX).

The airline with the best average rating is Delta Air Lines with 7.3/10.

If you liked this review or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post a comment below !
    jetsetpanda 2294 Comments

Thank you Matthew for sharing this short FR with nice aerials.

It's always nice to get upgraded, no matter the length of the flight. Even though the service was adequate for F, it always amazes me that foreign carriers manage to serve a meal on flights of similar length. TK had a snack in Y IST-ATH and CM had a one tray snack with a tiny dessert on PTY-SJO-PTY.

757Fan AUTHOR 608 Comments

Thanks, Jetsetpanda! I appreciate your comments. I agree with you. On a flight with a foreign carrier, I indeed would have probably gotten a nice meal on such a short flight.

NGO85 1622 Comments

Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing this FR with us!

“After takeoff, the Flight Attendants were in the cabin serving beverages and pretzels.”
    - What are they able to do in Y on a flight of this length? My guess is nothing. For a flight that is barely over 100 miles, it’s probably impossible to do anything other than for them to take drink orders before departure and get them out as quickly as possible. It was good that they used glasses instead of plastic cups. You'd probably never see food on a route this short in any country, this is almost half the distance as KUL-SIN or LHR-AMS. I think LX service on GVA-ZRH is the only one that comes close as a comparison and they serve a cheese plate with a drink based on what I've seen in FRs.

PDX is looking pretty brown!

Rl 777 806 Comments

Thank you for sharing this FR with us!

Absolutely fantastic aerial shots!

Damn, that's what I call “express-service”.

Have a good one, see you!