Review of Delta Air Lines flight Boston Atlanta in Economy

Flight DL 800
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 13 Apr 17, 11:00
Arrival at 13 Apr 17, 13:45
DL   #59 out of 124 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 572 reviews
N592NW
Published on 14th April 2017

Information

Thank You for reading my first FR! Please leave a comment if I did anything wrong. This the first segment of my short trip to Des Moines during my April Break. The segments are as described here.

BOS-ATL-Here 11:00 scheduled departure (11:25 actual) 1:56 scheduled arrival (actual 1:46)
ATL-DSM-Coming Soon
DSM-MSP-Coming Soon
MSP-BOS-Coming Soon

I began my journey sitting in traffic. Boston must have some of the most poorly designed airport access in the country. After going 13 miles in 55 minutes, we arrived at the airport's economy parking section. The wait for the shuttle wasn't too long and we soon made it to Delta's terminal A. Security was quick, even without TSA Pre-check.

Delta has plenty of room to expand in the terminal they own, and their new flights to SFO and DUB will be most welcome.

Our bird N315DN, a 4 1/2 month old Airbus A321 was waiting at gate A15 for us.

photo img_2365photo img_2496

The 30/31 inch pitch and the 18 inch width left plenty of room for my slender 5 foot ten frame.

photo img_2367photo img_2452

A 9 inch screen loaded with entertainment, as well as power ports and USB, made this flight all the more enjoyable.

We pushed back and taxied to the runway at the number 3 position for takeoff where we started our journey to Atlanta right behind an American Airlines Boeing 757.

The beautiful Boston skyline was visible out of the left side of the aircraft.

photo img_2414 1photo img_2430

I bought some earbuds for $3 and the flight attendants came by with the service, giving me both of my choices along with a cup of ginger ale. Delta's snacks are now all brand name (other than their famous biscoff cookies) and the pretzels and granola bar, though far behind most European Carriers, put them far ahead of their U.S. counterparts. The crew was very good on this flight, freely giving smiles and answering passenger's questions professionally.

We landed in Atlanta on time and taxied to the gate.

We parked next to a company Boeing 737-900er. The flight attendants passed by and offered my siblings and I wings, a welcome addition to my loot. I stopped by the cockpit on the way out to thank the pilots and was rewarded by receiving a card for the a320 aircraft. (Sorry-No pics). We stepped into ATL to start the next leg of our journey.

Verdict

Delta Air Lines

9.1/10
Entertainment9.5

Boston - BOS

7.3/10

Atlanta - ATL

8.0/10

Conclusion

Delta provided on this flight. Great entertainment, tasty snacks, and a nice crew made this flight even sweeter than normal.

Information on the route Boston (BOS) Atlanta (ATL)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 1 airlines on the route Boston (BOS) → Atlanta (ATL).

The airline with the best average grade is Delta Air Lines with 7.3/10.

More informations

N592NW AUTHOR 5 Comments

I'm not exactly sure why my pictures didn't work out. Any thoughts?

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4584 Comments

Hi, it's because you didn't use the closing [/quote] tag in the beginning, so you had your whole text in that format. Also, you want to space out your text from your pic urls, everything was scrunched together. I went ahead and fixed it for you--copy this style/format in the future and you shouldn't have any problems. Also, as you can see, horizontal pics look better on the site--something to keep in mind for future reports. Welcome to Flight-Report!

Thank You!

SKYTEAMCHC TEAM GOLD 6712 Comments

Thanks for sharing this flight for your first report on Flight report and welcome aboard! Delta does a good job and is is by far my favourite US airline. A brand new A320, a nice crew ( as often with DL) and good snacks at a correct price made the flight enjoyable; great view of BOS on take off. Looking forward for your next FR.

Thanks, it is up now.