Flight-Report

Flight QK 8947
Seat 20F
Take-off 13 Feb 18, 12:10
Arrival at 13 Feb 18, 13:50
QK   #92 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 29 reviews
N592NW
Published on 3rd March 2018

This February break trip was to Tel Aviv. The routing was as follows
YSJ-YYZ-this report
YYZ-TLV-coming soon
TLV-YYZ-later
YYZ-TLV-no report

We arrived at the small Saint John airport at 11:00 for our flight. Unsurprisingly, this left us more time than we needed. We quickly cleared security and sat and waited for our flight. Finally, at 11:15, our plane arrived.

As YSJ has no jet bridges, we stepped outside on to the cold apron and walked towards our older livery aircraft.

Once I got on the airplane, I made my way all the way back to 20F, the last row seat aboard.

Legroom was not in abundance, but it was doable for this short hop.

We taxied to the runway and soon took off.

After about twenty minutes, the service started. I had ginger ale and water, and as usual, no snacks were handed out.

As we were near the galley, I took a picture of the cramped work space.

About half way through the flight, I used the lavatory. The Q400 lavatory has to be one of the smallest. being 6 foot 1, or about 185 cm, I couldn't even stand up straight. the sink was inoperative and that was annoying. Thankfully, hand sanitizer was supplied

photo img_0793photo img_0795

About the 50 minutes before landing the flight attendants offered water and I was happy to oblige.

Soon enough we descended into snowy Toronto, and we prepared to disembark.

We bid our flight attendants farewell and headed onto the apron, ready for the next phase in our journey.

Verdict

Air Canada Express - Jazz

5.8/10

Saint John - YSJ

6.8/10

Toronto - YYZ

8.1/10

Conclusion

Overall, this flight was pleasant. However, the lack of wifi or other entertainment, lack of snack with the beverage, and the inoperable sink took away from the experience. I wouldn't hesitate to fly Air Canada again, but I'm glad they are no longer the only option out of YSJ.