Review of Lufthansa flight Dublin Munich in Business

Seat 1F
Aircraft Airbus A319
Take-off 22 Nov 18, 18:05
Arrival at 22 Nov 18, 21:20
LH   #50 out of 130 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 979 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 25th November 2018
Hi,

Security took quite a while although I used a dedicated Fast Lane area.
Once airside I quickly made my way to the general Terminal 1 Business Lounge operated by Dublin Airport and shared by almost all airlines operating out of Terminal 1.

The lounge was quite big but quite cramped this evening. Luckily I found a spare seat in a corner and had some snacks.

Soon I made my way to my boarding gate where boarding started on time and with separate priority lanes.

I was welcomed by two young friendly ladies at the aircraft door and took my nice window seat 1F.
Row 1 would stay empty this evening beside of me :)

We pushed back on time and departed into the dark skies for a trip of 1 hour 50 minutes to Munich.

Soon after take off meal trays were distributed by hand.
I like the fold out trays from the cabin wall in row 1 that Lufthansa installed. I think they are mor comfortable than fold out trays from the armrest that almost all other airlines use.

The meal tray featured some nice cold offers and a warm bread roll was also placed on the tray - so no choice from a basket this evening.
Overall the meal tasted quite nice - especially the dessert was great.

However still I think Dublin with a flight time of 2 hours would also allow a warm dinner service in Business Class like routes to Portugal or Tunisia receive etc.

Minutes later a very friendly flight attendant offered drinks from a trolley calling me by name.
I had some red wine and water.

About 20 minutes later drink refills were offered and I also decided for a nice cup of tea.

During this flight the curtains to Economy Class were always kept completely closed and cabin crew ensured that Economy Class passengers do not use the front Business Class toilet. Nice to see that as normally Lufthansa crews do not care about this on many European flights.

When opening the regular Lufthansa app you can see the approximate location of the plane - however no remaining flight times etc.
Other airlines nowadays provide much better on board apps offering airshow and entertainment (e.g Air Dolomiti or Air Europa).

We landed on time and parked at a satellite terminal gate.

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

Lufthansa

8.3/10

DAA Executive Lounge

6.3/10
Comfort7.0

Dublin - DUB

7.0/10

Munich - MUC

8.3/10

Conclusion

A nice and quiet Lufthansa flight with a friendly crew and a nice tasting cold evening meal. Only a warm dinner would make the fligfht even better.

Information on the route Dublin (DUB) Munich (MUC)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 5 reviews of 3 airlines on the route Dublin (DUB) → Munich (MUC).

The airline with the best average rating is Lufthansa with 7.4/10.

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4787 Comments

Thanks for this FR FlyAlex! I've only been in T1 one time, but found it old and dark, T2 is so much nicer with way better lounges. I am also surprised LH did not serve a hot meal on this flight, it does seem long enough to do so. Nevertheless, the cold meal does look quite nice.

Thanks for sharing!