Flight-Report

Seat 4F
Aircraft Airbus A319
Take-off 06 Dec 18, 08:55
Arrival at 06 Dec 18, 11:55
BA   #49 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 664 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 9th December 2018
Hi,

Being on transfer at LHR I quickly made my way to Terminal 5 Galleries lounge South to wait for my flight to Munich.
At the Elemis Travel Spa reception I applied for a shower slot which was confirmed and a waiting time of ca. 45 minutes was announced which was fine for me. I received a small device that informs me once my shower cabin is ready. With this I proceeded one level up to the Club lounge for waiting.
The lounge was still quite empty and I had a nice seat and some small breakfast of porridge which tasted fine.

About 30 minutes later my shower was ready. The shower cabins are not very stylish and look like ship bathrooms fully out of plastic like you find on e.g. a ferry or cruise sip.
However it did the job nonetheless. But other airlines for sure offer nicer shower areas.

photo img_5976photo img_5977

Boarding started from the B gates satellite where some nice BA action was going on including the 747 Queen of the skies.

photo img_5978photo img_5979

Boarding process was very orderly by groups and quickly I was in my window seat 4F. The flight was very full this morning and Club Europe was huge occupying the first 8 rows of this small Airbus 319.

Once boarding was completed the very friendly cabin crew offered piping hot towels.

On the long taxiing to our runway I had some great views of typical LHR action including many long distance aircraft & many Airbus A380s.

We powered into cloudy skies for a flight of 1 hour 30 minutes to Munich.

photo img_5986photo img_5987

Aout 30 minutes after take off the trolley reached my row and I was offered a breakfast including 3 main course choices:
* Traditional English breakfast
* Omelette with tomatoes
* Cold salmon plate

I have never had three main course choices on such a short flight - great job BA!

I decided for the Traditional English breakfast which tasted very nice and came with some fruits and warm breads offered from a basket.

photo img_5988photo img_5989

The flight passed by smoothly and soon we touched down at grey Munich on time.

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

British Airways

8.8/10

British Airways Terminal 5A Galleries Club (South)

8.0/10
Comfort8.0

London - LHR

9.0/10

Munich - MUC

8.0/10

Conclusion

A great short European hop with an extremely friendly crew and a perfect breakfast including three main course choices! Never seen that on such a short flight within Europe.

Information on the route London (LHR) Munich (MUC)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 2 airlines on the route London (LHR) → Munich (MUC).

The airline with the best average rating is Lufthansa with 7.4/10.