Flight-Report

Seat --
Aircraft Airbus A380-800
Take-off 03 Dec 18, 13:40
Arrival at 03 Dec 18, 17:40
EK   #4 out of 129 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 492 reviews
ClaytonJ1992
Published on 15th December 2018
Hello everyone today I will be flying Emirates flight EK384 from Bangkok to Hong Kong on their A380. The aircraft was a 2 class configuration A380 and was on the 15 A380 over 50-75 2 class A380 they have ordered. It's a biggest passenger plane I've took and coming all the way from USA with EK from SFO before, it's my turn to try their Business Class for this route.

photo 640x640 3

The picture below is the Emirates lounge in BKK. Not the best actually, but it's a good lounge with plenty of food options. The food itself was delicious too.

After enjoying a good day in the lounge, we are ready for boarding this superjumbo (A6-EUO) to Hong Kong. So happy it's an A380 for this particular route and it was the ONLY airline serving this route using the A380.

photo 640x640 6

Emirates A380 Economy Class, luckily I'm going for Business Class this time.

photo 640x640 8

Business Class cabin is where I seated at. Very comfortable seats, so this is why I'm always happy about Emirates.

photo 640x640 9

Champagne to start the day, always great to fly an airline with a great quality

photo 640x640 10

A bed even for a medium haul flight, another excellent flight with Emirates

photo 640x640 11

The meal service contains 2 options either Chinese, Western, Korean or Thai. I opted for the Thai Option which was good enough

photo 640x640 12

On final towards Hong Kong

photo 640x640 13

After landing with another Emirates A380 in the tarmac

photo 640x640 14

Verdict

Emirates

9.1/10

The Emirates Lounge

8.4/10
Comfort8.5

Bangkok - BKK

7.8/10

Hong Kong - HKG

5.0/10

Conclusion

Well, Emirates never disappoints, I have been a regular flyer with Emirates since long time ago, from the beginning to the end, I always grateful about flying Emirates and now I can't wait to continue flying Emirates again. So if you have flown Emirates A380, they have the best product I've seen and it was very clean and even the famous onboard lounge too. Ok, see you next trip everyone.

Information on the route Bangkok (BKK) Hong Kong (HKG)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 46 reviews of 6 airlines on the route Bangkok (BKK) → Hong Kong (HKG).

The airline with the best average rating is Emirates with 8.4/10.

toyion 47 Comments

Hello CLAYTONJ1992 and thanks for the report! I booked the same flight on business class a few years ago, but finally my trip was cancelled due to the public uprising in Bangkok... I wish to try the business class on Emirates A380 someday... Sad that Emirates is going to change the aircraft of this route to 777-300ER replacing A380 from Jan 2019...

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4742 Comments

Hi Clayton, thanks for sharing your first report here! These Emirates 5th freedom flights are great for trying out their Business or First products without breaking the bank for a long-haul. Being loyal to oneworld, I don't have much opportunity to fly EK on long-haul, but I've always wanted to try one of these shorted 5th freedom flights in Asia.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to Flight-Report!

Arq 31 Comments

Hi ClaytonJ1992,

Thanks for a nice trip report. I have always be curious about the layout of this A380 two class configuration, where Business class are placed BEHIND economy class, and how it works. How do you disembark? I mean are you given priority to disembark? I think it's would be weird if I am a Business Class passenger and was told to get off first, but having to walk past all fellow passengers who were told to be seated until we get off. How do you find the experience, please?

ClaytonJ1992 AUTHOR 2 Comments

It was well positive, it must be the best business class for this such route until January 2019 when this flight goes down into the 77L. In fact 77L which will be the 777 with 2-2-2 against 1-2-1. Very sad 77L will also have less capacity than this great A380 which I flown most of times.