Flight-Report

Airline Virgin Atlantic
Flight VS106
Take-off 15 Nov 18, 17:55
Arrival at 16 Nov 18, 10:30
VS   #21 out of 126 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 36 reviews
Jett Tyler
By SILVER 2567
Published on 25th December 2018
Another Virgin Atlantic flight. This time flying the brand new Boeing 787-9 from Seattle to London.

photo 1photo 18

Nice way to combine Classic and Modern.

I left my hotel after the breakfast and after getting off the shuttle to the airport, I got my boarding pass and went air side.

photo 2photo 3

6 hours before my flight!

Knowing Seattle gets a lot of Asian, and Alaska/Horizon traffic which is rare to me, a London spotter- took the chance to enjoy a good few hours of photography.

photo 39photo 43

Horizon Dash 8! So used to seeing Flybe Dash 8 in UK!

Two Asian Dreamliners:

photo 49photo 54

After about two hours of tracing up and down the airport terminal, I got my 787 Dreamliner having arrived on the VS105 service in from LHR. G-VCRU operating this flight!

photo 4

Another interesting catch was the AS/VX Merger livery Airbus A321-NEO! What a colourful beauty!

photo 52photo 53

I took the monorail to the Satellite terminal where all the long-haul Asian/European traffic parked and ready to go.

Some various parked aircraft included: Icelandair 757, Condor 767, Emirates 777, my Boeing 787 from Virgin Atlantic and a Boeing 777-200 of British Airways.

The BA 772 was G-VIIH which did my 100th Flight back in July 2017 (LHR-MAD, FR Article can be found here).

I boarded the Dreamliner and went to my seat 54A. The flight was going to be a full one in Economy.

photo 26

Much as I love a window seat, the only snag is trying to get out when you got two strangers sat next to you and on a red-eye some people enjoy a good kip.

The plane pushed back a bit later than planned, but the wind was in our favour which would help us make up time going across the Atlantic Ocean.

photo 29

We took off and headed North-East towards Northern Canada. I tuned into the IFE Tv series provided.

The snack services was the same as the 747. Pretzels and a cocktail, but for the inflight meal I had the vegetarian pasta option; alongside crackers, cheese, red wine and a caramel desert.

photo 12photo 13

I went and chatted to the crew for a bit to pass the time and to get my legs moving.

photo 16photo 17

A few hours passed and it was quickened by me finding albums of Classic Rock bands I am very into! Including Prince, Guns N Roses & Black Sabbath!

Just after the day light broke, the crew gave out some little breakfast packs made up of a warm Ham & Cheese Croissant, biscuit and Greek yogurt.

photo 20photo 21

Little while later before decent began, some little Love-Heart sweets were handed out.

photo 34photo 22

Parking at LHR Terminal 3, I got off the plane via a quick visit to the flight deck to grab a shot of the Dreamliner's best seats!

photo 24photo 25

Getting through the passport control, my over packed rucksack got me pulled by the customs lot thinking I was trying to sneak in a huge amount of cigarettes (even though I don't smoke- but they didn't know). I showed the contents, and was on my way with in seconds.

photo 35

My trip wasn't over. Needed to get a National Express coach down to London Gatwick as a mere 6 hours after I landed- I was due to fly to Cologne!!!

photo 36