Flight-Report

Seat 2F
Aircraft Embraer E-195
Take-off 13 Jan 19, 15:35
Arrival at 13 Jan 19, 16:30
LH   #48 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 964 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 25th January 2019
Hi,

It was a grey and snowy day when I reached Munich airport this afternoon.

Check In & security was quick and I took a seat in the Lufthansa Business Class lounge in G gates area to have some late lunch. The lounge was quiet this Sunday afternoon.

Unfortunately the boarding for my flight started 30 minutes late and was by bus.

Once seated the cabin environment felt modern and comfortable enough for the short hops that Embraers do. The seat pitch was totally fine. In addition I think Lufthansa City Line seats are more comfortable than the seats on LH mainline narrowbodies.

photo img_6065photo img_6066

Our captain announced another delay of 20 minutes due to slot problems in Zurich and bad weather there. The flight attendants used this opportunity to serve welcome drinks in Business Class where I had a glass of water.

Finally we started our bumpy and very short hop of 35 minutes to Zurich. Our cruising altitude was low and so I only saw clouds from the windows during the whole flight - we never were above the clouds. Indeed a very grey flight. Cabin crew sprang into action minutes after take off to serve this small cold plate from a trolley.

Minutes later the drinks trolley followed and I had sme coke and water.

The meal was nothing special and very cold - however still totally fine for such a short hop. Once I finished my drinks and meal we were already on our very bumpy descend into Zurich, where we parked ca 1 hour late at a remote apron position. No extra Business Class bus used here for this Lufthansa flight (compared to Swiss flights).

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

Lufthansa

7.1/10

Munich - MUC

9.0/10

Zurich - ZRH

9.3/10

Conclusion

Despite the delay the service on this short hop was as good as it can be on such a rushed short flight.

Information on the route Munich (MUC) Zurich (ZRH)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 5 reviews of 3 airlines on the route Munich (MUC) → Zurich (ZRH).

The airline with the best average rating is SWISS with 7.7/10.

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4667 Comments

Hi FlyAlex, thanks for sharing this report! Catering seems quite nice for such a short hop. Does LH block the seat next to you on the Embraers? I know some carriers don't in J, which I think is a shame, but I get that the 2-2 configuration makes it difficult to block a seat in J

FlyAlex GOLD AUTHOR 50 Comments

Hi KevinDC. Yes for such a short hop the meal was more than needed. Lufthansa always blocks the seat next to you on their regional jets (Embraer & CRJ) in Business Class. So that helps a lot for a relaxed flight.