Review of Air Baltic flight Munich Riga in Economy

Flight BT224
Aircraft Airbus A220-300
Take-off 23 Apr 19, 19:30
Arrival at 23 Apr 19, 22:30
BT   #6 out of 21 Low-cost airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 53 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 28th April 2019

Hi,

Security took quite a while this evening in crowded and small Terminal 1 D area of Munich Airport. Once I arrived at my gate my nice and modern airBaltic A220 had just arrived for the flight back to Riga.

Boarding started soon in quite an orderly mannr and a friendly crew member welcomed me at the aircraft entrance.
Business Class on this Airbus consisted of only 2 rows with the neighbour seat always blocked of by a small table. No curtain or any sign separated Business from Economy Class.

However I would be travelling in Economy Class and headed to the back of the plane to take my window seat. Luckily the seat next to me stayed empty. The cabin of this aircraft is perfect for short & medium haul flights and is very modern. The seat pitch was very good and the seat also comfortable.

Surpisingly this Airbus 220 featured the same seats that Swiss also uses on this model. However I think most other airBaltic A220s feature some different seat models.

We soon left our parking position next to an Easyjet Airbus while a flying time of 1 hour 50 minutes to Riga was announced. Afterwards a short safety video was played on the cute small overhead screens.

We departed in direction East and headed into a rather cloudy sky.

photo img_6927photo img_6929

The cabin was calm and soon the friendly flight attendants started their Buy on Board service. Surprisingly the really sold a lot - almost everybody bought something from the nice & huge selection on board.

However I had already pre ordered a nice complete meal during the online booking. My meal was a complete warm dinner including a bottle of red wine. It came at costs of 15 EUR. The meal was served ca. 30 minutes into the flight. It tasted very good and was nicely presented. I can really recommend the pre order meals offered by  airBaltic.

photo img_6933photo img_6934

While it got darker outside I read in the nice inflight magazine called 'Outlook' and find it great that the airline presents some key figures like on time or baggage handling performance there.

photo img_6937photo img_6932

Once I had finished my meal I decided to order a big cup of tea that did cost me another 3 EUR which I paid on board.

The flight was soon coming to an end and we landed some minutes after schedule at a surprisingly busy Riga Airport. Although it was already late in the evening there were many connecting flights waiting on the apron. It is really nice to see that airBaltic manages such a nice small hub here at Riga for the Nordic & East European countries.

We disembarked via stairs into a bus which was really nice as I could finish the trip with some nice aircraft shots.

Thanks for reading,