Review of Thai Airways flight Bangkok Munich in Business

Class Business
Aircraft Boeing 777-300ER
Take-off 13 Jun 19, 00:50
Arrival at 13 Jun 19, 07:50
TG   #9 out of 134 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 345 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 16th June 2019

Hi,

I spent my transit time at Bangkok Airport from another flight in the Thai Airways Lounge at the C gates concourse. The lounge is ok but not really more: It looks quite worn and has nothing really special about it. At least it was easy to catch some refreshing shower there.

photo img_8298photo img_8293

photo img_8294photo img_8295

After ca. 2 hours I made my way to my boarding gate for the flight to Munich. All in all I think Bangkok Airport feels quite worn and more dirty than other big Asian hubs. Also the air condition was way to warm and it was not cool enough in the building.

Priority boarding started as I reached the gate and within minutes I was welcome very friendly by two Thai flight attendants at the aircraft entrance. This Boeing 777-300 ER featured lie flat seats but in the older version of Thai Airways. So the seats were somehow more worn and did not look that modern. But still they were very comfortable and offered enough privacy and stowage areas.

photo img_8299photo img_8301

photo img_8303photo img_8304

Within minutes I was offered a welcome drink of Champagne and some very nice and needed hot towel after the warm airport terminal.

photo img_8309photo img_8308

On the seat were two pillows, a big blanket and some slippers. Also placed there was an amenity kit which strange enough this time was from Mandarina Duck - on my previous Thai flight it was Lacoste branded.

photo img_8305photo img_8306

Next some nice active noice cancelling headsets were distributed.

photo img_8310photo img_8311

Menus had already been precplaced at each seat. Once boarding was completed the very friendly purser welcomed me onboard personally, mentioned the expected flight time of ca. 11 hours 15 minutes and described the service flow. At this moment I decided for my main dish to be the Western pork dish. Aperitif drink choices were also already asked at this time.

photo img_8348photo img_8352

photo img_8353photo img_8354

We pushed back 10 minutes before scheduled departure time and Business Class was so ca. 50 % full in the end. Soon we took off into dark skies and started our long night journey to Europe.

photo img_8316photo img_8312

About 20 minutes after take off my ordered aperitif - a very nice signature cocktail ' ' was served with some nice nuts & dried fruits. A hot towel followed served on a nice small silver tray.

photo img_8317photo img_8318

Shortly later trays were laid with linen and starters were distributed and drink choices delivered by hand from the galley. At no moment during this whole flight a trolley ever appeared in the cabin - great!

Once I finished my starter it was replaced by my main dish.

Cheese course came next.

This supper ended with a dessert and some tea. The whole meal tasted very good.

photo img_8324photo img_8325

I visited the nicely decorated toilet before I went to bed. It is important to mention the toilets were kept spotless clean throughout the whole flight.

I managed to get ca. 4-5 hours of reasonable sleep before cabin lights were slowly switched on over Romania to begin breakfast service. Remaining flight time was ca. 2 hours. A friendly flight attendant approached me, wished me a Good Morning and offered some first drinks - water and juice.

photo img_8327photo img_8328

A nice hot towel on silver tray followed soon.

Next breakfast trays were handed out by hand and it already came with my requested main dish of omelette. Breakfast choices have been taken after dinner service together with wishes to be woken up or not.

Breakfast tasted very well and was presented in a very nice way.

More drink offers were done until we started our final approach during some nice views of the Alps in morning sunrise lights. At the end of the flight the great and caring purser went to each passenger individually, asked how the flight was and thanked a  lot for flying with Thai this day. This was a very nice gesture certainly not found in a lot of Business Class cabins.

photo img_8331photo img_8333

photo img_8336photo img_8337

photo img_8340photo img_8341

Some peppermint bonbons were handed out during descent.

Some nice music was played via the public speakers before we touched down ca. 45 minutes early at Munich Airport and docked at Terminal 2.

photo img_8342photo img_8343

photo img_8344photo img_8345

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

Thai Airways

9.1/10

Bangkok - BKK

7.5/10

Munich - MUC

9.0/10

Conclusion

A very nice night flight in Thai Business Class. Thai certainly stands out with very nice meals including a lot of nice taste and great friendly & charming cabin crews.

Information on the route Bangkok (BKK) Munich (MUC)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 4 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Bangkok (BKK) → Munich (MUC).

The airline with the best average rating is Thai Airways with 8.2/10.

armin 63 Comments

Suvarnabhumi is the best airport in the world

JW19 117 Comments

Great report once again, really like how you adopt a slightly different style compared to the more regular writers. Short and sweet with a lot of pictures. We really don’t need too much info before and after the flight, and you nailed that bit.

Thai looks decent enough in J, but with the competition around the region they are operating, sadly that’s not enough. Suvarnabhumi airport to me is a junk, hot, dirty, inexcusable immigration and customs queues, it’s quite a mess of an operation they got there, I much prefer Don Mueng on the other side of town.

FlyAlex GOLD AUTHOR 65 Comments

Thanks a lot for your very nice Feedback. Nice to hear that you like my writing style! Indeed competition is hard in that region but service and food are really top notch on Thai Business Class

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4998 Comments

Beautiful report FLyAlex...really nice pics! The cabin looks very nice and I always love THAI's colour palette. The meals look delicious and well-presented, and you can't beat Thai hospitality.

Thanks for sharing!