Review of British Airways flight Edinburgh London in Economy

Flight BA1455
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 24 Dec 18, 17:35
Arrival at 24 Dec 18, 19:00
BA   #68 out of 115 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 803 reviews
JonathanL
By SILVER 290
Published on 15th September 2019

After just two nights in Edinburgh, it was time to head to London. I had checked in on BA's app, so I was able to head straight to security. The line was a bit long, though it moved relatively quickly. After a short wait in the terminal, I boarded the flight. Like my flight to Edinburgh, it was operated by a retrofitted A321 with decently comfortable seats with not great legroom.

As I was stepped onboard, I was greeted by a cheery crew (it was Christmas eve after all!). The boarding process went by quickly and we were taxiing shortly afteward. I was thrilled to get to hear the infamous barking dog as were were holding short of the runway! The seat I was sitting in is my personal favorite for engine sound on an A321, besides the first few rows with the loud engine buzz, of course.

photo img_5552photo img_5562photo img_5571

We were lucky enough to take off into the sunset, which was stunning.

photo img_5578photo img_5586

When we leveled off, the crew began the M&S buy on board service, which I didn't partake in. The rest of the flight went by quickly because of the combination of a sunset and Adele :-). Just before landing I took a quick stroll around the cabin and soaked in the colorful mood lighting.

After a quick descent, we were on the ground in Heathrow. I bid farewell to the crew and went to enjoy christmas with my family.

photo img_5606photo img_5607

Follow my Instagram: @life_jonathanl

Verdict

British Airways

5.9/10

Edinburgh - EDI

9.0/10

London - LHR

9.1/10

Conclusion

This was an overall descent flight with an above average crew and the classic intra-European buy on board service.

Information on the route Edinburgh (EDI) London (LHR)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 10 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Edinburgh (EDI) → London (LHR).

The airline with the best average rating is Virgin Atlantic with 8.0/10.