Review of Lufthansa flight Budapest Munich in Economy

Airline Lufthansa
Flight LH1681
Take-off 10 Jul 19, 20:20
Arrival at 10 Jul 19, 21:25
LH   #52 out of 134 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 1102 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 12th July 2019

Hi,

Budapest Airport was quite busy this evening and I needed around 20 minutes to clear security. Once airside in the shopping & food plaza I had some views on the parked aircraft on the apron - including a Lufthansa City Line Embraer that would depart soon to Frankfurt.

photo img_8640photo img_8642

Boarding for my flight to Munich started ca. 45 minutes later in an orderly manner onto a bus that would bring us out to the apron position for our waiting Lufthansa City Line CRJ 900.

The flight ended up almost full and I had a window seat on the wings. Safety demonstration was performed manually and a flight time of 1 hour announced. However the Captain now informed us about bad news: due to congested air traffic in Central Europe we had been assigned with a slot that would result in ca. 30 minutes delay. Finally we moved and departed direction West. During climb I could enjoy some nice evening views of Budapest just before sunset.

photo img_8649photo img_8650

About 10 minutes after take off a trolley reached my row and I was served a small cheese sandwich. No other choice was offered on that flight - only vegetarian. Another 10 minutes later the drinks trolley reached me and I had some tea & water.

photo img_8652photo img_8653

The cheese sandwich was not very good - very bland & dry missing any taste. I have had better ones on Lufthansa before.

We descended into Munich in the dark, touched down ca. 20 minutes behind schedule and parked at a remote position where a bus was waiting to bring us to the terminal.

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

Lufthansa

6.6/10

Budapest - BUD

6.5/10

Munich - MUC

8.0/10

Conclusion

This flight did the job but nothing more: the crew was rather friendly and at least there was a free snack & drinks. However the taste of the sandwich was not very good.

Information on the route Budapest (BUD) Munich (MUC)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 1 airlines on the route Budapest (BUD) → Munich (MUC).

The airline with the best average rating is Lufthansa with 7.4/10.