Review of Aegean Airlines flight Zurich Athens in Economy

Seat --
Aircraft Airbus A320
Take-off 23 Aug 19, 11:05
Arrival at 23 Aug 19, 14:40
A3   #41 out of 134 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 133 reviews
loukas
By SILVER 434
Published on 18th October 2019

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the 2nd report from my latest series covering a holiday trip to Greece. Here is the full flight plan:

23.08.2019 - WAW-ZRH - LO 411, E-195
23.08.2019 - ZRH-ATH - A3 851, A-320
31.08.2019 - ATH-VIE - OS 804, A-320
31.08.2019 - VIE-WAW - OS 631, DH4

After a nice flight onboard LOT E-95 we arrived to ZRH for what was supposed to be a 1:30 stopover. I've been to Zurich airport before and I find it very correct, always clean nad providing all the necessary things and good spotting facilities.

Our gate is still closed as the aircraft is not here yet

As I wrote before, ZRH is good for spotters as it has large windows with good access to them and a great tarmac view.

2 Austrian A320 in different liveries

Swiss A321

Easyjet

And my Aegean A320 arriving from Athens

Air Serbia A319 departing to BEG

And Air Baltic A220-300 to RIX

SP-LNA that brought me here is taxiing for departure back home

Last look on our bird before boarding

When flying in 4, there is always a problem with how to seat to fly togehter. Normally, when I have a possibility to choose or change seats, I take 2 x window&middle in the same row but this time it wasn't possible to change seats assigned by the airline - one full ABC row and 1 window seat in front that happened to be the emergency exit row and my seat with plenty of legroom :)

Unfortunately my window is a little bit dirty and foggy and will remain like this during the entire flight, so the only option is to use the back window that I have a small access to.

photo img_8998photo img_8995

Standard Aegean A320 cabin with overhead screens

Short taxi to the runway and I'm airborne one more time today. My seat has one more disadvantage - it's very noisy as the emergency exit produces some strange sounds during climbing

Some views of the Alps - another disadvantage of the exit row seat: the wing covers most of the view!

Here is when the best part of any Aegean flight comes - the service! As expected, we receive a hot meal (this time it's pasta bolognese) with hot roll, butter, cream cheese, crackers and Greek sesame bar "pasteli". It goes well with wine and water.

After the main service, there is time for tea/coffee

I'm impressed with A3 service every time I fly with them. the main dish may not look exceptionally but it was tasty and let's not forget we are on a 2:20 European flight where other airlines offer a glass of water or nothing. The service is also well organized, trash is collected before serving tea/coffee, the 100% female cabin crew is very polite and professional.
Our flight path is very straight today, after crossing the Alps and flying over north Italy, we continue southwards till the end of Italian peninsula and will cross the Adriatic sea between Otranto and the island of Corfu.

Time for the seat pocket contents. In my opinion Aegean should change finally the fleet section in the inflight magazine as well as the destinations map.

The safety card

Aircraft models available in the shop on board catalogue

photo img_9024photo img_9025

We are slowly approaching Greece and flying over the island of Corfu

photo img_9036photo img_9038

Already over Peloponnese and descending

photo img_9043photo img_9046

The island of Poros

South part of Athens seen minutes before landing through my foggy window. You can spot the old airport - Elliniko

Seconds from touchdown

Our parking position next to this Austrian A-321

Waiting for the luggage to come and we can start our holiday :)

photo img_9064photo img_9065

Many thanks for reading! Next part will come soon with some bonus from Athens, Tinos and Mykonos islands.