Review of Lufthansa flight Paris Frankfurt in Economy

Seat --
Aircraft Airbus A320
Take-off 15 Aug 13, 08:00
Arrival at 15 Aug 13, 09:35
LH   #54 out of 142 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 1137 reviews
Leadership
By SILVER 4814
Published on 26th August 2013
Hi,

This is my first Flight-Report in Shakespeare language, feedbacks are most welcome.

1. Paris CDG - Frankfurt (Lufthansa, A320)
  2. [YOU ARE HERE]
  3. Frankfurt - London LHR (British Airways, A380-800)
  4. CLICK-HERE
  5. London LHR - Stockholm ARN (British Airways, B787-8)
  6. CLICK-HERE
  7. Stockholm ARN - Paris CDG (Air France, A320)
  8. CLICK-HERE

August 15th is a bank holiday in France, a perfect opportunity for a day-trip in Europe, but don’t be misled, this day-trip is not about the destination XD

To make things work I had to position myself with a doggy early flight to Frankfurt, I could either take AF or LH but I chose the later as it has been a while since I flew with the germans, and I was keen to try out their NEK seats, especially to compare them with our infamous AF “ironing board”

Terminal 1 at Paris CDG

I am getting my BP from the automated kiosk

photo 1photo 2

LH’s satellite has been refurbished and is quite pleasant.

photo 3photo 4

I was secretly hoping for a Sharklet version of the A320, but this is all the opposite, D-AIQD one of the oldest of the fleet!

photo 6

Boarding started on-time

photo 5

Complimentary French and German newspapers

photo 7

The long awaited seats!

photo 8

Well there are very thin too and not that much comfortable, but they do recline and offer a descent sized table.

photo 9photo 10

A380-800 Malaysia Airlines

photo 11

09R is in use today

Service consisted of a chocolate filled croissant and a choice of hot and cold drinks

photo 16photo 17

Taste was very average but quantity wise it was good

photo 18

LH magazine often has very good articles on the company backstage operations and airports, this month they are showcasing A330-300 new Business-Class retrofit.

photo 19photo 20

Frankfurt CBD

photo 21photo 22

We landed on the new runway facing west then had to taxi for a good 10 minutes before getting to our gate, but luckily not a bus gate!

photo 23photo 24