Review of Lufthansa flight Budapest Frankfurt in Business

Class Business
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 01 Jul 20, 18:30
Arrival at 01 Jul 20, 19:55
LH   #69 out of 116 Airlines A minimum of 10 flight-reports within the past two years is required to appear in the rankings. 1173 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 2nd July 2020

Hi,

Budapest Airport still felt deserted with only a few flights departing this evening. Still there were some passengers queuing at the security check and I wanted to use the Fast Lane priority access which was also open. However the agent said that Lufthansa stopped paying for this service due to Corona and I have to use the normal line - interestingly to hear that Lufthansa took away this benefit from their Business Class / Gold customers.

Some shops & restaurants were open but all Lounges still closed. Also the Platinum Lounge LH Group passengers normally use was still closed.

photo img_3006photo img_3007photo img_3008

On the way to my gate I already saw our Lufthansa A321 waiting on a remote position.

Boarding was very slow and quite chaotic via several buses that were extremely hot as no air condition was running on the waiting buses at 33 °C.

Finally we arrived our Airbus and I boarded via the front stairs.

photo img_3009photo img_3010

A friendly female purser welcomed me on board and I took my window seat in row 6 - all in all there was a huge Business Class section of 8 rows which also had quite a lot passengers this evening. Also Economy Class looked to be rather full.

A flight time of 1 hour 20 minutes was announced and we soon took off on this hot summer evening.

photo img_3014photo img_3015

The very friendly cabin crew soon closed the curtains to Economy Class and started to distribute disinfection towels to all passengers.

photo img_3021photo img_3016

Ca. 10 minutes later a drinks trolley with the full standard selection of drinks appeared and I selected white wine and water.

photo img_3020photo img_3017

Some minutes later a nice cold evening meal was also served from a second trolley. The roll is preplated and cold and now longer comes warmed from a basket. Surprisingly however the butter now comes in small porcelain dishes like on their longhaul flights. All in all the meal tasted very good. The cabin crew was extremely helpful and was always happy to offer more drinks, clear trash etc.

Later during the flight I ordered some tea.

photo img_3018photo img_3019

We soon started descend into Frankfurt Airport where we landed ahead of schedule.

photo img_3022photo img_3024photo img_3025

Taxiing to our parking position alomost every plane in action was a Lufthansa narrowbody - strange for Frankfurt normally full of widebodies from all over the world. However I could spot one Emirates 777.

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

Lufthansa

8.0/10

Budapest - BUD

7.2/10

Frankfurt - FRA

8.4/10

Conclusion

A very nice & comfortable flight. The crew was extremely helpful and friendly - you could really feel they appreciate providing service again. Also I think it is great Lufthansa provides the standard inflight service in Business Class again - a rare aspect as almost every other airline has stopped doing so.

Information on the route Budapest (BUD) Frankfurt (FRA)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 6 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Budapest (BUD) → Frankfurt (FRA).

The airline with the best average rating is Malev with 7.3/10.