Review of AeroMexico flight Mexico City San Jose in Business

Class Business
Seat 2B
Take-off 29 Aug 13, 21:22
Arrival at 29 Aug 13, 23:30
AM   #24 out of 112 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 60 reviews
jetsetpanda
Published on 4th October 2013
Upon landing in MEX from LAX, I had to clear Immigration & Customs and go through security again for my SJO flight. Truth be told, the process went smoothly and I probably spent about 15-20 min. Going through security was painless and the people that I dealt with were very professional and friendly. Once inside the terminal I headed up to the Salon Premier and the nice reception clerk welcomed me inside. I found the lounge small for a hub station and extremely crowded on this evening. After a few drinks I decided to try its domestic counterpart since I have read that it was less crowded. Unfortunately the domestic lounge turned out to be just as crowded so I left and waited at the gate.

Salon Premier

We soon boarded the plane and the cabin looked clean with a blanket on each seat. Seats seemed a bit tight and the pitch is not the greatest. According to Seatguru.com, the pitch on the 737-800's in J is 39 in. or 99.06 cm., but these felt tighter than that. Entertainment was a sitcom shown on the overhead screen. Contrary to my previous flight, the service on this one was exemplary. We had a great purser who was proactive and attentive. Coats were hung, PDB's served (water or orange juice)and after take off I even received hot towels. Meals, although slightly better, continued to disappoint. This time I was offered a choice between a chicken salad or vegetable focaccia. I chose the chicken salad and it was delivered with a side of fresh fruit, bread sticks and a packet of pistachio and almond cookies for dessert. I guess AM has followed the lead of some U.S. carriers in offering light dishes in its premium cabin.

Premier cabin

photo AM 656 MEX-SJO (1) (640x452)photo AM 656 MEX-SJO (2) (640x480)

Pre-dept. beverage

photo AM 656 MEX-SJO (3) (640x477)

Dinner

Verdict

AeroMexico

6.9/10

Mexico City - MEX

8.0/10

San Jose - SJO

7.9/10

Conclusion

This was a good flight with an excellent purser who set the tone of the service from the beginning. Catering continues to disappoint and although I was offered a choice of meals, both of these were light choices (a salad and sandwich) that do not exemplify a proper hot dinner in a premium cabin of this length.