Review of KLM Cityhopper flight Bâle Amsterdam in Business

Seat 01F
Aircraft Embraer E-190
Take-off 02 Jan 15, 07:05
Arrival at 02 Jan 15, 08:35
WA   #103 out of 132 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 234 reviews
Esteban
Published on 4th January 2015
  • BSL - AMS KL J / AMS - YYC KL/ E190: Now!
  • AMS- ??? ?? ? / ??: Later.
  • ??? - ??? ?? ? / ??: Later.

Dear English-Readers friends, welcome to my new set of reports. Shortly after being back from Canada and Las Vegas, and after having celebrated Christmas with a pneumonia, I am taking the skies again for a trip that I offered to my parents for the 65th anniversary of my father and their 40th years of marriage.

My mother was aware of the trip since I booked it, late July, but it was a total surprise for my father. When he received his gift at Christmas, it was a quite emotional moment, he nearly cried, and seeing him like that was a great moment.

The trip begins at the Sky View lounge at BSL Airport, one of the best lounge in Europe. My parents have never been there and were really impressed. Palm trees are real trees and not fakes.

Our plane, in the back, in the Sky Team livery, behind one of EZS Airbuses.

photo DSC_0114

FIDS:

photo DSC_0115

Only a cappuccino for me, together with a grapefruit juice this morning:

photo DSC_0116

Boarding was, as usual, at gate 45 for SP and Business Class passengers, and gate 44 for all others. Welcome was very friendly and here is the cabin, that you begin to know well, given the amount of reports I do on it ;)

Is that new for 2015? Welcome drinks aboard KLM short haul flights? In fact no, we had an hour delay due to high winds in AMS exceeding our landing limitation, thus only one runway was available for us. And the slot was one hour past our departure time. This explains with PDD were served, limited to water for Y class passengers. Nice touch.

photo DSC_0126

We needed to de-ice as it was pretty cold in Alsace as we left. Take off was then to follow, with the already mentionned one hour delay.

Sunrise over my snowy region, Alsace:

Safety on board card:

After a last aerial shoot, the menu is handed over, which covers all three meals of the day:

Nothing really fancy, but it was good and fresh. I think I had almost all breakfast cycles with KL ^^

My parents enjoying the food:

photo DSC_0145

Drinks:

photo DSC_0146

After a bit less than an hour flight, we overfly AMS airport:

Arrival spotting:

Eventually, we landed with only half an hour delay, the pilots were able to make up some time in the air.

Verdict

KLM Cityhopper

7.6/10

Skyview EuroAirport Lounge

10.0/10
Comfort10.0

Bâle - EAP

9.9/10

Amsterdam - AMS

10.0/10

Conclusion

In summary this was an enjoyable flight, the catering was correct, press was on offer, the crew was nice. Half an hour delay is not a big deal but some passengers had to rush to get their connection. We did not have to ^^

I only give 9 out of 10 for the lounge staff, as the dragon was only responding in Swiss-German to our sentences, even when we used English or French.

Information on the route Bâle (EAP) Amsterdam (AMS)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 55 reviews of 3 airlines on the route Bâle (EAP) → Amsterdam (AMS).

The airline with the best average rating is KLM with 7.4/10.

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4865 Comments

Thanks for sharing! Wow, what a nice Christmas present for your parents! I'm sure they were thrilled!
    I'm always impressed by how large EAP seems. The lounge looks really nice. FYI, you mention that you only gave 9/10 for the lounge staff but it says 10/10. BTW, how crazy that the lounge dragon would only respond in German. Obviously she understood you when you spoke English or French, if she responded accordingly--just seems kind of rude on her part. I've heard of similar things happening in BRU too.