Welcome to my new set of Flight Reports, this time heading to Lisbon where a FR meeting was held in December.
Too early in the morning, I arrived at the airport and checked in at a kiosk. As I had no luggage to drop off I went straight to security that was empty and to the lounge.
I spoke once with fellow Flight Reporter JulienIP about why I fly whenever possible BSL AMS instead of BSL CDG. Here's the explanation:
- KLM grants access to the lounge if you are flying J or if you are Elite Plus. - AF, regardless of your status, booking class or destination (CDG or ORY) not.
- KLM has a J class with a J class service (seats are the same as in Y though but with a greater pitch and recline) - AF has no J class neither to ORY nor to CDG
- KLM flies with an Embraer or a Fokker (sometimes with a 737) - AF flights are operated by HOP! and their crappy ATR72 that are always late or AOG. (This will however change, as all flights to CDG are going to be operated by an Embraer and ORY gets the CRK back on two flights a day)
- KLM flight to AMS takes 01:05 - AF flight to Paris, when operated with an ATR takes 01:10
- KLM lounges in AMS are far better than the AF lounge at CDG 2G
- Same Flying Blue mileage for KLM or AF
- Police in AMS is always friendly and often very cute ^^ - Police in CDG is … I better not speak about that ^^
- Security staff in AMS is always friendly - Security staff in CDG are indifferent at best and almost always very arrogant.
That was it. And I am not speaking about strikes :)
If you still read, here is my morning selection:
Not that much as I wasn't hungry.
Boarding was a bit earlier than scheduled with a strict respect of priorities. Here's the leg room:
EasyJet, next to us, bound for AMS as well:
The captain told us that we'll take off with a 15 minutes delay but that we would catch it up inflight as we had a short flying time. Our very nice (and very good looking) purser gave us water bottles in the meantime. We were 4 pax for 8 seats. The purser was absolutely top, all you need when it is 06:45 in the morning.
This morning, I was quite impressed by the contrast between the light on ground and above the clouds. As we took of it was absolutely dark and once at cruise level, it was almost day.
Food in detail:
It was pretty good but I wasn't that hungry.
Suburbs before landing:
On time landing and this 340-300 from Surinam Airways:
A330 95 years logo jet KLM:
ATR72-500 Etihad Regional, ex Darwin:
To conclude, as a bonus, our new baby at Basel, Emirates that flies once a week a cargo rotation with a 777-200F:
Skyview EuroAirport Lounge
Bâle - EAP
Amsterdam - AMS
Nice flight, fantastic crew, good catering, on time arrival, what else ?
0 LIKESLIKE TO THANK THE AUTHORTHANKS ! FLIGHT-REPORT LIKED
Flight-Report is a free website hosting more than 500 000 pictures and 17 000 reviews, without ads, this website can't exist. We understand that ads can be annoying, this is the reason why we do not display more than 2 non-invasive ads per page.
To continue using Flight-Report, we invite you to add Flight-Report on your blocker "white list".