Review of Air Berlin flight Tel Aviv Berlin in Economy

Flight AB8381
Seat 9E
Take-off 23 Dec 15, 05:35
Arrival at 23 Dec 15, 08:35
AB   #77 out of 131 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 78 reviews
Dor
Published on 5th March 2016
After a long time with Israeli airlines, I decided to try new airline that I never flew with them - Air Berlin. The take off in the back flight and the price were better than UP, beacuse I needed to take a suitcase (I was in Berlin for 10 days).

After a short time in the check in and in the border inspection, I finally reached to the Duty free shops.
photo DSC_0011 (2)
I only bought someting to eat and drink and then walked to the gate.

Aircraft Info:
Air Berlin
Boeing 737-800
D-ABMU, one of the new B738 in AB fleet.

There are some pictures that I took during the parking and the taxi. (I switched to seat 9F with my passenger who was near to me for the take off):

Cabin lights:
photo DSC_9566

The flight leave the gate in time and We took off in 5.35 AM from RWY26.
photo DSC_9581

During the flight pictures:
photo DSC_9626photo DSC_9636

Approximatly one hour before landing, the crew serve small roll bread. It wasn't sastisfying. Even AB wrote that the food type is snack, I hoped to better than small roll bread.

Before landing in Berlin:
photo DSC_9670

Gate view:

The seat was very nice, there wasn't something broken or dirty (sorry that I don't have some pictures). The seat near to me (9D) was empty, so I had nice place.

The terminal in TXL is bewildering. After long time I found how to exit.

Verdict

Air Berlin

7.5/10

Tel Aviv - TLV

9.4/10

Berlin - TXL

8.5/10

Conclusion

KL651 TEAM 4426 Comments

Thanks for this FR.

Too bad there's no picture of the snack to see why you say it's so bad.

NGO85 1622 Comments

Thanks for sharing this FR!

Fantastic photos, really like the shot during descent into TXL.

- Was it just a roll or was it a sandwich? AB is kind of LCC for regional flights from what I've heard.

The terminal in TXL is bewildering.
    - Hilarious because most people know exactly what you are talking about.

PS - Please add AB to your flight number.

Dor AUTHOR 79 Comments

Thank You.
      It was just a roll. In charter flight in the past I got sandwich (Like in Sundor) and even meal (like in Israir).

TXL terminal is one of the worst I ever saw in Europe! And I was in many of airports in Europe. I was in Amsterdam (Wonderful terminal), Budapest, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, even Munich A1F terminal is better! (It's hard to go to there from SIXT return point, but It's very clean and There was small duty free shop and caffetria)
      Even Varna airport is not bewildering like TXL!