Review of Air Berlin flight Berlin Tel Aviv in Economy

Arrival at 02 Jan 16, 03:25
AB 77 reviews
Dor
Published on 5th March 2016
After first time in Europe in the Christmas and the celebrates of the new year, I returned to my country.
It was very nice, very cold but beatiful.

Here some pictures from Berlin:

I arrived to the terminal in Tegel airport 3 hours before the flight. Too much time before. The terminal isn't big and there's nothing to do. Just eat or buy gadgets and clothes that expensive than in the shops in Germany.
My suitcase weight was 23.9KG and I didn't paid for overweight. So thanks to Air Berlin.

The gate supposed to open in 20.30, but it opened in 21.15.
Only one person was in the border inspection. It was very slow.
The security was slow also but very strict. I think it's improtant to our security as passengers.

Finally I reached and finished the security process. Than I saw the ugliest and smallest Duty free I ever saw in my life:
photo 20160305084329

After half hour the boarding opened. The aircraft parked in solitude area. There was hard smell of diesel in the bus that took us to the aircraft.

Aircraft Info:
Air Berlin
Boeing 737-800
D-ABBD, one of the oldest B738 in AB fleet.

photo DSC_0128 (2)photo DSC_0129 (2)photo DSC_2052

Cabin View:
photo DSC_2036photo DSC_2042photo DSC_2049

Window view:
photo DSC_0131 (2)

The aircraft is older than the D-ABMU that I flew 10 days before, cabin looks older and the lights are less comfortable.
The seat was OK, but near to me sat huge man and It wasn't comfort… even I small guy (Only 1.70 Meter).

The flight was little bumpy due to the weather.
Half hour after take off, the crew served snack. I could chose between Nature Vallie or salty cracker. It was OK but I think that It's not enough for 4 hours flight.

Next time in Germany is less than 3 months and I'll fly with Lufthnsa. I hope they'll be better than Air Berlin.