Flight-Report

Flight KL1082
Seat 7F
Take-off 12 Dec 15, 10:50
Arrival at 12 Dec 15, 13:10
KL   #48 out of 128 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 593 reviews
BobbieD
Published on 23rd July 2016
Hi Everybody!

Here's the first of a series of recent flights beginning in Manchester to China via Amsterdam, with KLM, China Southern and China Eastern.

The flights are as follows:

MAN-AMS KL1082 - we are here
AMS-PEK CZ346
PEK-XIY MU2106
XIY-PEK MU2115
PEK-AMS CZ345
AMS-MAN KL1073

As usual my journey begins with the train from my home in Sheffield direct to MAN taking around 1:20.

The train station at MAN is directly connected to Terminals 1 and 2 with walkways. KLM departs from T3 which requires you to navigate through T1 first.

photo img_5738photo img_5739

Check-in in T3 is up on the 1st floor. My first stop was to the KLM ticket counter. As my second leg was with CZ it was unable to book my seat and order my meal online. I had contacted KLM in the weeks prior to the flight to request a window seat and a vegetarian meal. These were confirmed to me over the phone a few days before departure. I still wanted to try my luck with an upgrade using some of my miles for the long haul flight. So as suggested by KLM on the phone I went to the desk to see what could be done. The nice KLM lady said she couldn't do this as it was CZ (even though I had a KL flight number) and I would have to check again in AMS. She also gave me my boarding pass. It seemed I had a middle seat on the long haul flight despite KLM telling me I had a window just a few days before. She couldn't change this either and said I would have to do this in AMS. Also my meal was down as a vegan one instead of a vegetarian one, again despite them asking me specifically if I wanted vegetarian or vegan. So far so bad…

Anyway, I proceeded to drop my bags at the SkyPriority check-in desk.

I headed to the security check, which passed relatively smoothly. Airside it was time for a late breakfast

Followed by some spotting

Plenty of exciting destinations such as Philadelphia, Dubai, Orlando, and my not so exciting Amsterdam flight.

Here she comes

Boarding proceeded quite orderly. Well at least for me. SkyPriority coming through!

We were welcomed on board and I took my seat in 7F.

Standard amount of leg room for KLM, but I did have a box in front which narrowed the foot area.

photo img_5756photo img_5758

Here are the magazines and safety card.

China - my final destination

The fleet

An advert for the new 787

Soon we were off and on time.

The in-flight service began. Today we were offered some cake (why not a sandwich today as it's lunch time?)

The dutch coast was approaching.

photo img_5765photo img_5766

And we arrived in AMS on time.

photo img_5768photo img_5769

Soon to be followed by the long haul flight!