Review of Lufthansa flight Frankfurt Tel Aviv in Economy

Seat 19F
Aircraft Airbus A321
Take-off 10 Jun 16, 21:35
Arrival at 11 Jun 16, 02:40
LH   #45 out of 112 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 688 reviews
Dor
Published on 15th April 2017
Introduction:
After 2 weeks trip in Germany and Austria, it was the time to come back to Israel.
I started my trip in Frankfurt and finished in Hamburg, so I took flight from HAM to FRA with Lufthansa, LH031 and then this flight, from FRA to TLV.
I had only one hour between two flights, so there's no photos from the terminal or something else. Really sorry for that, but I hope that in September I'll visit in Frankfurt again, and I will take a lot of photos :)

Here's some photos from Germany and Austria:

photo dsc_7213
Eurowings A330:
photo dsc_7272

The flight:
Photo from the gate waiting area:
photo dsc_7498

Gate view:
photo dsc_7499

Aircraft Information:
Lufthansa
Airbus A321-231
D-AIDJ
In service since July 2011

I travelled with good friend who checked in for 19E seat, after the boarding completed, we found that 19D seat is free, so We felt like passengers in European business class.

Wing view:

LH A321:
photo dsc_7542

Take off!
photo dsc_7554photo dsc_7565

Cabin view shortly after take off:
photo dsc_7566

40 minutes after take off, the crew served meal with hot and cold drinks:

The meal included: Salad, Meat with mushrooms and cheese, cake, bread, cheese, sauce for the salad and butter.
Really good meal for 4 hours of flight, It was very tasty.

2 hours after take off I went to the WC:
photo dsc_0440photo dsc_0441
As You can see, It was very clean.

Over Tel Aviv, shortly before landing:
photo dsc_7570
The landing was very smooth.

LY B738:

photo dsc_7597photo dsc_7598

Luggage claim area:
photo dsc_7600photo dsc_7602

Thanks for reading!

Verdict

Lufthansa

9.8/10
Entertainment9.0

Frankfurt - FRA

9.5/10

Tel Aviv - TLV

9.8/10

Conclusion

LH is very nice airline. I think that they're offering good product in the economy class.
The food was very good, the FA were very nice and helped, the cabin was clean, the legroom was OK and the streaming system worked almost perfectly.

FRA airport is amazing and very clean, they got lower score in the access criteria because the distance that you need to walk from gate to gate. (I had connection flight)

TLV airport good as usual, all worked perfectly, so I can't reduce the score.
I hope that I'll fly with them again in September.

Informations on the route Frankfurt (FRA) Tel Aviv (TLV)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 1 airlines on the route Frankfurt (FRA) → Tel Aviv (TLV).

The airline with the best average grade is Lufthansa with 9.2/10.

KL651 3501 Comments

Thanks for this FR.
    The timing of the flight is a bit odd, but i guess it helps with connection from FRA.
    The very basic salad and small dessert does make a bad overall impression of the meal.

Dor AUTHOR 68 Comments

Not only because it helped with the connection flight, I chose this flight because I could travel in Hamburg in the last day until 5PM, and I always prefer to choose night flight in my return flights, because I can travel in the last day, almost like normal day.
      The salad is small, but the meat and the cake were very nice, and the salad was good. LY meals also including small salads in the Y class.

MrMax 143 Comments

The whole flight looks like LH has a great short to mid haul product. My one observation would be that LH should look into having a meal that doesn't mix milk / meat. or even better, is fully kosher on their Israel flights. I flew swiss ZRH-TLV-ZRH a few years ago, and these considerations were made.