Flight-Report

Airline Alaska Airlines
Flight AS918
Take-off 08 Sep 17, 09:45
Arrival at 08 Sep 17, 11:00
AS   #108 out of 129 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 57 reviews
cheapflyer.JP
Published on 30th October 2017
Welcome to my flight report. This post would cover the flight of AS918, Alaska airlines, from Portland to Auckland.

After enjoying 3 days vacation in Seattle and Everett, I moved to Portland by Amtrack. It was a comfortable 4-hour journey.

I stayed in a hotel near the airport, so I could use an airport shuttle service and arrived the airport at 7 am.
I printed out my boarding pass by Kiosk. Then, I got a tiny paper boarding pass.
photo p1020226

Upgrade to First class was $54. Is it worth paying $50 for 1-hour business class experience?
photo p1020231
After passing a long TSA line, I had a breakfast in MacDonald's, where has a big window facing the runway.
I realized someone listening to the ATC.
photo p1020257
A300 was still flying for UPS.
USAF F15, F16 took off.

Then, I headed to boarding Gate. Our B737 was prepareing for departure.

Boarding was started from a rear low, followed by a front.
I was welcomed by aircraft itself.But No cabin crew welcomed us.
photo p1020309

Seat pitch was huge.But There was no an outlet.
photo p1020314

When I got on the aircraft, I always read safety manual and check a safety equipment.
At that time, I found there was no description of a life Jacket, instead, I found a description of a flotation cushion. I had never seen such an equipment, so I became worried about it.
photo p1020329photo p1020318

After a short taxing, We took-off from Rwy 10L and climbed steeply.

Soon, Mount Hood was visible.
photo p1020343

Cabin crew started drink service 20 minutes after take-off.
I had a Starbucks coffee, and a Biscoff cookie.There were many soft drinks and some alcoholics selections.
photo p1020358photo p1020368
In-flight wi-fi was available.
photo p1020364

We started to descend, with a full spoiler.Then, We flow over the Bay area and turned right 180 degrees.It's time to land.

At 11 am, We landed 30 minutes ahead of the schedule. As Oakland airport has less traffic, Taxiing was so quick.
photo p1020385 -

As usual, I asked to show me a cockpit when I disembarked.
photo p1020391photo p1020398
Thank you for reading!

Verdict

Alaska Airlines

8.0/10

Portland - PDX

8.9/10

Oakland - OAK

8.8/10

Conclusion

We arrived at Oakland airport 30 minutes ahead of the schedule, despite a short flight. A seat was comfortable, and a seat pitch was enough. However, It lacked an outlet.
AS has a bunch of flights from Portland to west coast cities. So It would be a good option to travel to the west coast.