Review of Philippine Airlines flight Sydney Manila in Business

Seat 2K
Aircraft Airbus A330-300
Take-off 06 Dec 17, 11:50
Arrival at 06 Dec 17, 16:50
PR   #37 out of 113 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 22 reviews
Tulakpohvezdach
Published on 7th December 2017
This report is third out of four with the last, the most comprehensive, coming soon so keep tuned! ;-) Because I have already mentioned everything I wanted to say in previous reports, please head to them if comments needed. Otherwise great amount of comments of what can PAL do for their journey to get 5star airline expect next time.

Previous reports:
Dubai (DXB) - Manila (MNL)
Manila (MNL) - Sydney (SYD)

Airport
Ground handling is done by dnata in Sydney. The process was really efficient and quick. If you are a business class passenger, you are always priority for airlines so there was no line to queue, on the other hand economy line was so long. Although it is a huge airport I really liked SYD. It feels fresh, modern, with many luxury boutiques and a lot of day light. Nice.
photo wp_20171206_08_56_27_prophoto wp_20171206_09_09_04_pro

In Sydney Philippine Airlines uses Singapore Airlines Kris Lounge which offers good service with showers, high quality food and drinks. I really liked those seats facing runways view. This breakfast was with a taste of airplanes…

Boarding was a bit confusing as there were many families with small children that boaarded first instead of us. Don't understand this policy. Upon boarding again all the crew knew my name, introduced themselves and were really nice. All amenities distributed. Load in J was this time only 50%.
photo wp_20171206_12_37_14_pro

There are also some pictures of their new cabins which make PAL proud:

Today's Menu:

Welcome drink (again they do not serve champagne as the welcome drinks) and meal orders taken. I was also surprised that during those two weeks I flew them last time they rollec out Dine on Demand service. In silence, not like all other carriers who always make great noise about starting a service like this.

Leaving Sydney with a nice view.
photo wp_20171206_12_16_58_pro

The meal service started with pretty good canapes. This time the did them really good way. I chose Dry Martini as an aperitif.
photo wp_20171206_12_57_46_pro

As the main course, there was a fish. I regret there were no prawns on the menu and I also do not understand why every meal on PAL is so spicy.

Then the lights were dimmed and we have time to rest. Ass I previously mentioned I really like that design feeling of those seats storage spaces lighting into the darkness of flying airplane.
photo wp_20171206_14_41_54_prophoto wp_20171206_17_13_04_pro

In the mean time I decided to go for hot chocolate. Served with cold milk.
photo wp_20171206_17_18_44_pro

Prearrival meal was a cold one but I asked crew if they could heat me up one of the main courses from first service as I felt hungry. Unfortunately beef was not availible anymore so I went to pork which was really spicy (again).
photo wp_20171206_18_02_16_prophoto wp_20171206_18_25_10_pro

Arriving in Manila, disembarking J and Y+ passengers first.

See you next time for all Pros and Cons of PAL!