Review of British Airways flight Munich London in Business

Seat 2F
Aircraft Airbus A319
Take-off 03 Dec 18, 07:55
Arrival at 03 Dec 18, 09:10
BA   #49 out of 123 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 623 reviews
FlyAlex
Published on 4th December 2018
Hi,

As always in Munich Terminal 1 security & passport control took quite long this morning due to limited space and lanes available.
Consequently I just had a very brief visit to the lounge British Airways uses here in Munich:
Airport Lounge World - this lounge has just been opened by Munich Airport as a new common use lounge and replaced former Atlantik Lounge.
The lounge really is very nice: very modern, roomy and with loads of natural lights.
Also the food and drink offer is very nice and presented in a nice way.

I just had a very light early morning snack.

Soon I spotted my BA Airbus 319 waiting at the gate.

Boarding had already started in a very organized manner by groups and I straight headed to the empty priority lane which worked perfectly fine.

Welcomed by a friendly crew I took my seat in row 2. The seats are very comfortable and have a very good pattern compared to almost all other seats nowadays around on European narrowbody planes which tend to be much harder. Pitch was also good enough.
I also liked a lot the table placed on the middle seat in Club Europe cabin - it added more comfort and looked very stylish.

Once boarding was completed, a friendly flight attendant distributed piping hot towels.

photo img_5815photo img_5814

We pushed back on time and some kind of mood lighting was also switched on - a nice feature on this rather old Airbus.

We left Munich in rainy skies for a flight of 1 hour 50 minutes to London.

photo img_5817photo img_5822

Once cruising altitude was reached curtains to Euro Traveller (Economy) cabin were immediately closed.

photo img_5826photo img_5818

Service started about 20 minutes later with the friendly purser serving each passenger individually from the galley without a trolley.
Service started from row 1 towards the back and was always in this order:
1) Ask about meal choice (frittata or traditional English breakfast) + drink choices to go with it
2) Serving the meal tray plus offering warm breads & croissants from a basket
3) Serving the ordered drinks

This was a nice flow as you received meal & drinks together.

I had the English breakfast which tasted nice.

photo img_5823photo img_5824

I was a little bit surprised by the really tiny tray size for a a Business Class product.
However on the other side it was again surprising to see a real cloth napkin and a double set of metal cutlery for such a small meal.

Drink refills had to be ordered and unfortunately were never offered proactively.

Soon we started our approach with great views of London city centre.

photo img_5827photo img_5828

Some minutes ahead of schedule we landend at the home of British Airways and docked at Terminal 5 B gates area.

Thanks for reading,
FlyAlex

Verdict

British Airways

8.4/10

Munich - MUC

7.0/10

London - LHR

8.3/10

Conclusion

Club Europe offered a nice product this morning: a comfortable & stylish cabin plus a hot breakfast service with even two main dish choices.
Crew also was friendly and happy to serve passengers.
As a guest I felt more welcome than e.g. on most Lufthansa flights I did so far.

Informations on the route Munich (MUC) London (LHR)

The contributors of Flight-Report published 3 reviews of 2 airlines on the route Munich (MUC) → London (LHR).

The airline with the best average grade is with /10.

The average flight time is 2.0 hours and 6.0 minutes.

More informations

KévinDC TEAM GOLD 4473 Comments

Hi FlyAlex, thanks for sharing this report. I agree that the BA cabin is elegant and reasonably comfortable for short flights like this despite the tight 30" pitch, but can get uncomfortable for longer flights over 3 hours. I'm pleasantly surprised to see 2 hot options on this short of a flight.