Review of American Airlines flight Miami Washington in Economy

Airline American Airlines
Flight AA2362
Take-off 20 Apr 19, 21:30
Arrival at 21 Apr 19, 00:00
AA   #78 out of 130 Airlines A minimum of 20 Flight-Reports is required in order to appear in the rankings. 403 reviews
Flyerboy2005
Published on 20th May 2019

After arriving from Guatemala City, it was time to catch my flight to my final destination, DCA. As I arrived to the boarding gate, I noticed how crowded it was, however it thankfully moved pretty quickly. Just 30 minutes prior to boarding my seat assignment changed, which pointed to the prospect of an Oasis cabin. Ugh! In hindsight, that was probably the reason of the chaos at boarding. As I entered the plane my suspicions were confirmed, it was in fact an Oasis cabin! I was seated in seat 8A, the first row of Main Cabin Extra, which is much better than the "classic" bulkhead, since there is under seat storage, due to the bulkhead wall being removed in the retrofit. There were power and USB outlets at the seats. The tray table was in the armrest, which also held a phone/tablet holder. The standard 33 inches of pitch in Main Cabin Extra is totally unacceptable, given on some JetBlue planes the legroom is 34 inches in standard economy!

There was an issue with a late arriving passengers bags, so that caused a 20 minute delay or so. After the bags were accounted for, the safety demonstration was performed and a flight time of 1 hour and 50 minutes was announced, which would put us in DC on time despite the delay. The cabin lights were then dimmed and after a short taxi we were airborne. We were treated to a great view of the lights of Miami on our climb out.

After takeoff, the drink service commenced. I ordered a Sierra Mist and it was served with pretzels.

photo img_9338-1

The flight attendants then disappeared until just before landing. On descent, we were given great views of the Washington Monument, the US Capitol, and the Lincoln Memorial. We landed at exactly midnight, AKA on time, despite the delay.

photo img_9342-1photo img_9356-1

Follow my Instagram: @life_jonathanl

Verdict

American Airlines

6.0/10

Miami - MIA

8.2/10

Washington - DCA

9.4/10

Conclusion

To summarize, this flight was the average domestic economy experience, that was neither especially good nor bad. I can't fault the crew too much for not being especially attentive given that this flight was pretty late at night.